Computer

So gaming: For gaming your video card and CPU play the biggest role in performance. You'll want a modern video card that can handle the newest graphics (even though you said rFactor I'll just say answer in general) and run them well. Your CPU you'll want either quad core or hex core so it will run the game as smooth as possible.

I hope I answered your question for the most part, your question is kind of open ended so if you wanted anything more specific just ask.

First off, most current and all past games only are capable of utilizing a single core of a CPU. With this in mind, getting a 6 or 8 core is a bit of a waste for a gaming rig unless you do it smartly. Gaming is going to tax any system if you are playing the current titles so getting something with a high speed is going to be more important than the larger number of cores.

That being said, overclocking a CPU is going to be the best way to get the most out of a system as far as gaming is concerned. If you are not familiar with overclocking, then you are going to want someone that has experience do this for you as you can destroy your system by doing this.

Secondly is the graphics. More is not always better when it comes to price vs performance. If you invest all your money in graphics but the CPU can't keep up, then you won't be happy with the results. Balance is the key here and learning what is required to get that balance is going to take a bit of study.

Are you going to be using a single monitor, triple monitors, 6 monitors? This is important to know as the more screen real estate you have the more power is going to be required just to get smooth framerates on average titles.

For a single monitor setup if you are looking at buying new, I would look for one of those system builder sites that sells computers that are overclocked already. Look at the i5 2500K CPU as going with the i7 is not going to net you any real advantage and is going to cost you more. For single screens, the top 3 or 4 cards from either nVidia or ATI are going to be capable of delivering decent performance, but 2 cards will make things work that much better. For Multi-monitor options, then the minimum in most cases is going to be dual cards as there are only a couple of single cards that will allow decent frame rates on triple monitors.

Hope this helps.

First off, most current and all past games only are capable of utilizing a single core of a CPU. With this in mind, getting a 6 or 8 core is a bit of a waste for a gaming rig unless you do it smartly. Gaming is going to tax any system if you are playing the current titles so getting something with a high speed is going to be more important than the larger number of cores.

That being said, overclocking a CPU is going to be the best way to get the most out of a system as far as gaming is concerned. If you are not familiar with overclocking, then you are going to want someone that has experience do this for you as you can destroy your system by doing this.

Secondly is the graphics. More is not always better when it comes to price vs performance. If you invest all your money in graphics but the CPU can't keep up, then you won't be happy with the results. Balance is the key here and learning what is required to get that balance is going to take a bit of study.

Are you going to be using a single monitor, triple monitors, 6 monitors? This is important to know as the more screen real estate you have the more power is going to be required just to get smooth framerates on average titles.

For a single monitor setup if you are looking at buying new, I would look for one of those system builder sites that sells computers that are overclocked already. Look at the i5 2500K CPU as going with the i7 is not going to net you any real advantage and is going to cost you more. For single screens, the top 3 or 4 cards from either nVidia or ATI are going to be capable of delivering decent performance, but 2 cards will make things work that much better. For Multi-monitor options, then the minimum in most cases is going to be dual cards as there are only a couple of single cards that will allow decent frame rates on triple monitors.

Hope this helps.

Thanks ! I'll try all these things to see if they work. Thanks a million :)

Hope this helps.

Yes, I have the 2500k, it improved my FPS a lot, I have the Geforce 550 Ti, it was very stuttery before, with my Q8400 Quad Core, the CPU was obviously the bottleneck - not anymore!

I know it's probably not the benchmark of game intensity by any means, but I can play Crysis 2 with the DX11 textures on Ultra graphics at a high, smooth frame rate.

But there are much better GPU's you can look for if budget isn't a problem. I am sure with the 2500k CPU, my bottleneck now is the GPU :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back