1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Compressing DDS and GMT files into a MAS file...

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by John Emerson, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Hey all,
    I can't seem to find any info on how to do this, is anyone able to give me a quick run down on how to create a mas file so I don't have to have the DDS and GMT files all in with the locations folder?
    Cheers,
    John

2. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

I also need a good tutorial for this. Specialy when i have to upload the Hondsrugring.

3. you need the rfactor tools MAS utility from http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=devcorner
    make two .mas files one for gmt files named yourtrack.mas, one for the image files (DDS, jpeg, etc) nameed yourtrack_MAPS.mas.

Add the lines
    MASFile=yourtrack.mas
    MASFile=yourtrack_MAPS.mas

to the .scn file

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brilliant :)
    Thanks Brad, you're a legend.

5. Brad's instructions are the simplest way of going about it, but you can name the MAS files however you like and they can contain whatever you want as long as they are linked in the SCN (and your SearchPaths are correct)

6. There is also a 3dSimED tool to pack the dds files and gmt files in to trackmas,it has been around for awhile now I will try to find a link for it.

7. Ok so I've created the two mas files and have directed the scn file to them, however when I try to load the track it freezes, I have to press enter or space and it crashes to desktop. I've checked and rechecked the SCN file to make sure it is correct and it is, I've tried everything I can think of and it still results in a crash.
    Any ideas?

8. Make sure your SearchPath is correct - check other track SCNs to see what I mean