F1 2012 Completely destroyed physics

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Actually Bruno Senna strongly disagrees with you. He must have played F1 2010 so many times that he tried the bug in real life in Valencia and....... saved the car :)

We saw similar things at Spa this season aswell, i was just trying to stat that CM have more resources available to them to know if its possible and how the drivers react to the car spinning out. It might not be for the hardcore gamer, but then this game isn't focused on just them, but for a newbie the ability to save the car is very important as it means they can get away with a lot more. However the slide would have taken life from the tyres, so is it really as bad as it sounds to be able to save the car.

Normally I wouldn't do this, but reading what i have been reading here, makes me feel that i must have a completely different game from most of the guys here.
Really... I knew that Steam had different releases depending on regions, but I did not heard anything regarding different versions.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS GAME!!!

Couple of notes:
  • First of all I am a F1 2010/2011 hardcore gamer;
  • Secondly and regarding my first impressions:
    • Understeer felt at Demo version is gone (to an extent that you feel that this might be closer to reality);
    • Who says that one cannot spin exiting on turns must have a different version or playing with full traction control (i have a G27 set, and i can upload videos of exactly the opposite);
    • Graphics and engine sound are HUGE!;
    • Driving on a cockpit cam gives you a excellent immersion feeling (i am sure that on this specific point there will be some mods that will even increase that);
    • AI has improved from day to night (much quicker than before).
I am sure than most of you guys will find bugs like tomorrow would not exist, but i am not the kind of guy that is bothered that a engine blows off after flashing back to a previous position... i simply do not use it!!! And it really makes me laugh that most of the guys complaining that this is not a sim and so on, are the same guys talking about flashbacks/ engine blow.
Enjoy the game. Share your opinion and i really do think that this is one of the best driving simulator games ever done.

Brakes can save you only in low speed situations. When it comes to high speed spin nothing can save you. People who play Race 07 consider themselves as hardcore sim racers but Race 07 has it's own bugs which people mostly ignore. In addition - have you seen somebody from F1 CM forums going to other game forum and talk? Nope. FE in Race 07 the curbs are soooooo unrealistic but people just play. They know how they work and the just avoid them. Do you think it's realistic you're car to be thrown in the gravel with only a simple touch of the curb? I don't think so.
Every signle game has it's own bugs and bad things but the most important is to concentrate on the good stuff and F1 2012 has plenty of good stuff in.
Game's main point is to be fun. If somebody doesn't have fun playing it, it's better to stop.

After watching all kinds of racing from 1988 and played gp2,gp4,gp3,all nfs,rfactor,grid,shift2, toca, and others, ALL WITH WHEEL, and all for sim experience only i can say that f12012 its like cars on steel with magnets under them, you drive WITHOUT HAVING ANY KIND OF CONNECTION WITH THE CAR, i don't feel what the car does, THIS IS THE REAL UNREALISTIC PART. This is where it lacks... +100 for the difficulty from me, is reall challenge to race the AI... better from 2011. Maybe if they reduce traction about 15% then it will be like cars turning.

Well, if somebody missunderstood me on the prev page let me explane. I like 2012 the game very much, like every game from codemasters. Just when someday anybody from RDD team makes a mod - harder driving, less grip and spin possibility it will be wonderful to me. Some people (like me as an ex-pro F1 pilot on rfactor) have more skills than the others and its normal to have more wishes in the racing (not just driving) aspect. It will be good everyone of us to have a respect to the others. I heard the russians to said "По вкус и по цвет товарищи нет", something like more people, more opinions... That's imho the reason to have a mods for the game. Like a mod - take it, dont like, take another. But some people to acting like a CM stuff, or CM lawyer or speaker with offensive post to the others with a village language is not so big deal. Cheers ;)

Actually Bruno Senna strongly disagrees with you. He must have played F1 2010 so many times that he tried the bug in real life in Valencia and....... saved the car :)

That's not only brake but hax brake and throttle. Yes, this can be done in a real F1 car and actually this brake to save spin is realistic. Of course, you should use both feet to be realistic, but it's nice the way it is, because most of the time if you do it - you'll lose more time than just correcting with the wheel. So, nothing to worry about.

Who are you, some angry developer who doesent know how to produce a decent sequel? You ask me to write what is unrealistic with this year's title? Did you even read this thread from the begining? Car is behaving like it is on rails. How you can't spin the car with all that horsepower behind you no matter what you do? Even on rain it's much more easier to drive than 2011, even 2010. You asked me why i bought the game if I didn't like the demo, well my mistake was that I did't play the demo because I belived that naturally 2012 will be better than 2011, just like 2011 is better than 2010. But that is not the case with this year's title, it's actually far inferior. I really like realism in racing games and I know that I cant expect rFactor like expirience from game which is produced fo the masses, and with that in mind I can say that 2011 was really fun to drive, but I can't say that for 2012

LOL. Yea I'm an angry developer. LOL.

Now, to the topic. Car isn't behaving like on rails, don't know where you got this from. In rain, it is not that hard to control the car. All the difference is the lack of grip. But this doesn't mean spinning and sliding and shits just like it was in F1 2011. F1 2011 had a horrible rain system. Haven't tried a WET F1 2012, only from the demo experience I can say that it's not bad. It's not an improvement from 2011, but it's not worse than it too.

Now, sweety, let me tell you something. You are wrong about the spinning. Very, very wrong. Take a look at some on-board cameras from real life but this time, watch the Throttle. F1 drivers are on the throttle a lot earlier than you think. I mean, c'mon, if I wanted I could spin the wheels on 3rd or even 4th gear in F1 2011 which was pathetic.

And stop with this rFactor. rFactor this rFactor that. Well, I tried rFactor with some crappy mod and all I can say is that it has nothing to do with realism. It's just different and /maybe/ more difficult. IT COULD BE THE MOD THAT I TRIED THO!

This isn't a Simulator, rFactor is. This is just a racing game. And for a racing game, it has a lot realism in it. I mean, c'mon. Have you played Gran Turismo 5? It's considered a Simulator but the game is arcade. This game is a lot more realistic than GT5, but GT5 is in the 'Simulator' category and F1 isn't.

And another thing from the replies I saw below mine. By "best f1 game" I don't mean best handling only. The game overally makes a game. Not handling. What will you do with 1 handling code and nothing else? You're gonna read it? The game has to be good in every single aspect. rFactor looks really ugly. F1 2011 was ugly too with it's cartoonish colors but it still looks better than rFactor. Anyways, the game isn't all about physics. It's about graphics, it's about how it is coded, bugs, optimization. When I tried rFactor, (I have to note that I'm with a high end PC) it was trying to LAG while it is looking terrible. And back then I was on a 1280x1024 monitor. Now I'm on FULL HD and F1 2012 goes to more than 100 FPS. Now you're gonna come up with the 'mods' stuff. Well, I bet I can run F1 2012 with HD textures on the cars and it won't go below 60-70 FPS again. Anyways, look at the game as a whole. Yes, CM made some mistakes this year. The stupidest one was removing tyre scaling which is just /facepalm. FP2/FP3 don't bother me, I didn't use 'em anyways, not big deal too. What's the problem of the game? It seems they should keep this handling and just add a new option in the menu "Arcade physics" to all who can't drive with realistic cars. I mean, c'mon, now with all the moaning you're gonna make CM ruin the game in the next Patch? CM just made a huge step forward and I can't believe how many people are hating them for that!

I'm sorry if I'm being rude or something, I just don't like 'haters' or 'moaners'. When I don't like a game, I don't even rate it anywhere I just skip it. If you don't like it - you know how to get out of the "F1 2012" section in the forum. Go back, play F1 2011, it was an awesome game too and that's it.

This game is a huge reason why I got GameFly. I want to try it without buying it just in case it is that bad. I got it today and I'll see how it is and put my 2 cents in after work. I just hope its not as bad as most make it sound.

What kind of game do you play actually? I just started a wet Hugaroring and it's awesome! Car is unstable, oversteering, understeering. What the *ell you say you can't spin the car? It's easy - N, full throttle and then 1st and voile! I think on 1st gear the auto clutch plays big role and it acts like TC but it's not. It's clutch. That's why the car is so stable and that's why you can start of full throttle. I can live with that but I really prefer it to be less effective.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back