Competitive Breaking Mod V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got through Valencia around a bit (actually, quite a bit :D) and it is almost perfect now! The only real weakness I can find now is in turn 13 where the AI is quite slow and allows you to take the inside easily upon exit, à la Grosjean vs Hamilton last year.

Great job! :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 137812

I just did valencia and they crash in turn 1 but that might be due the revised car performance mod

edit: Or because i have an older version

I just did valencia and they crash in turn 1 but that might be due the revised car performance mod

edit: Or because i have an older version

Well my race was using the v1.2 Revised car performance mod too, and no obvious AI crash problems. Still had 7 DNFs, which is a little high, but I don't know which mod is the main cause of them, between yours, Hill's or Johnny's.

• Deleted member 137812

Well my race was using the v1.2 Revised car performance mod too, and no obvious AI crash problems. Still had 7 DNFs, which is a little high, but I don't know which mod is the main cause of them, between yours, Hill's or Johnny's.
Yeah it was because of an older version. The DNF's might be my mod mixed with Hill's mod, because ai brakes later and sometimes run into eachother

I think the best combination is my mod with demy's but with damage slightly reduced to stop as many dnf's.

The majority of dnf's come from the realism mod however, but I swapped the decals folder and damage file to prevent some because the ai aggression is great!

hill, are you still making any changes to this mod?

So far from what I've tested again at Hockenheim, Monza and India you won't need to, because the corners adjusted at these 3 tracks are now much more competitive.

I've added all modded tracks now into my game, and if I see any further things I can comment on, I'll let you know.

hill, are you still making any changes to this mod?

So far from what I've tested again at Hockenheim, Monza and India you won't need to, because the corners adjusted at these 3 tracks are now much more competitive.

I've added all modded tracks now into my game, and if I see any further things I can comment on, I'll let you know.

I am cool with making any changes that need making.

If you let me know if you find anything that needs changing that would be great. Pleased to hear the corners are now more competitive.

hill, I managed to play on a few more tracks today: Abu Dhabi, Malaysia and Korea. I could just be imagining things, but this mod combined with Demy Van Zoggel's latest version of Realism mod has made the AI cars around 3-4 seconds faster a lap:thumbsup:. Wow!

I had to dial it down from my usual Professional level to Intermiediate level just to be competitive and score points in a Mercedes. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just made me work much harder on my driving throughout the race.

Excellent work on all those tracks!:):thumbsup:

Really impressed with the update hill - fantastic work.

Can you take a look at TURN 8 (RIVAGE) at Belgium. That is a "buffet" corner - the AI let you help yourself up the inside on that turn.

I am also hoping Remy might increase the 2 metre defensive zone distance a little in his mod as that would help make the AI more competitive on the medium speed corners.

Let me know if you agree with Belgium - I will add a few more up as I am going through the tracks a bit more at the moment.

Again, fantastic job - I have noticed a huge improvement on the vanilla game thanks to your work.

Are you still open for tweaks?

Spa - AI runs slightly wide in the big braking zone after Kemmel straight, you can notice it with heavier cars like on a 100% race with DRS on. It gets somewhat better as the cars become light. Its very hard to overtake there even with this slight "mistake" but they could be faster if it were to be fixed.

Catalunya - It looks like the AI tries to carry too much speed through turn 7 and runs a bit wide again.

I have to say though that the mod is very well done and it feels a lot more rewarding to overtake the AI.

USA first corner, Ai goes to wide an than slow to much down to get back to ideal-line.
So if i am 1 sec behind, and if I get the first corner with the best anybody in the world can get the corner, I overtake my oponen easyly.... And that should only be possible, if i am 0.2 sec behind

hill can you check braking points for turns 8 and 11 at Abu Dhabi (the turns after the 2 long straights)? I'm seeing the AI run slightly wide on turn 11, and missing the apex basically every time at turn 8.

Keep up the good work!

Hello Everyone!

It is really great to see so many people using and enjoying my mod.

I have an UPDATE! :thumbsup: V3.0

The link in the first post has been updated to V3.0. The updates include..........

Spa T5 AI don't run as wide.
Spa T8 AI brake later.
Catalunya T7 AI don't carry as much speed and run wide.
Texas T1 AI brake earlier for a better exit.
Abu Dhabi T8 & T11 AI don't run too deep.

Please keep the feedback coming! Any turns you think need attention let me know!

I made a quick read on the topic and I couldn't find anyone saying something about turn 14 at Malaysia where the ai goes wide. Could you please have look at it? The mod looks great, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 269 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 180 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%