Competitive Breaking Mod V1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the good job, I tried Sepang and the AI seems a bit more competitive. Is there anything you can do about China Turn 1? The issue isnt much the braking itself but the cornering speed there is just damn slow.

Hi hill,

Sorry for being slow on reporting back in, I have been testing it in career mode. I added this mod just the German GP at Hockenheim. In the race I had a proper old tussle with Webber for the lead and eventually Raikkonen joined us leading to a three way battle to the finish. :)

Have raced out the remaining races of that season and have not had any problems other than those described at Monza. The ai cars are not braking for the Seconda Variante and Variante Ascari. They are coming in too hot and driving on through the gravel traps at those chicanes causing them to crash off or become unguided missiles as they fly back on to the circuit. Webber wiped me out in practice at the Seconda Variante, depsite this I left the mod in for the race proper. In the race the ai drivers had multiple incidents and pitstops, it was a total war of attrition with 15 cars dropping out. The HRT team picked up points for both drivers. :) Despite losing my wing by broadsiding Hamilton who was stranded across the racing line at Ascari as I approached I still won by staying on the track the most. Despite this I still enjoyed the race and I am sure you can iron out the kinks if they exist in your file. I say if they are in your file as I am using the realism mod and safety car mod as well. I know you mentioned using the realism mod but perhaps I can't have the safety car mod as well?

Thanks for all your hard work and making this game a better experience! :)

I've been through a Montréal 100% career race and everything looks good there. Turn 13 is now a real b*trch with Ai as good at defending as passing you! :thumbsup:

I've been through Valencia around a bit too in Quick Race mode and I like the changes! Just one thing: could you do something about turn 8? The AI brakes veeery early there, making for very easy passes.

• Deleted member 137812

I think your adjustments dont work very well on Monza, I've got a double red flag in the second chicane.

Abu Dhabi turns 8 and 11 are good for me now, though they could be made just a little touch even faster ;). I tested it over about 5 quick races of 25% each, all with different tier cars - Marussia, Force India, Mercedes and McLaren. I tested it with Demy's Realism Mod.

NeoStuey - it works well with both the realism and safety car mod together. Just make sure you don't copy the whole track folder for each track, otherwise it will wipe out the modded triggers_pit files from the safety car mod. Just back up the old track files in a separate folder for each track, and only move the files from this mod to replace the original game files, don't move the whole track folder. I hope that makes sense. Case in point - I brought out a safety car in one of my tests at turn 11 in Abu Dhabi using all the 3 mods together.

thanks for the feedback guys!

Monza is a strange one, I get no issue at all :O_o: I will take another look.

I will also look at all the suggested corners people mentioned and re upload.

Good to hear people are noticing the difference and the mod is making things more competitive.

Thanks for the good job, I tried Sepang and the AI seems a bit more competitive. Is there anything you can do about China Turn 1? The issue isnt much the braking itself but the cornering speed there is just damn slow.

To be honest no I don't think so, the issue is the speed carried through the corner not the brake point. In fact I can't make the braking any later or they simply run far too wide.

Abu Dhabi turns 8 and 11 are good for me now, though they could be made just a little touch even faster ;). I tested it over about 5 quick races of 25% each, all with different tier cars - Marussia, Force India, Mercedes and McLaren. I tested it with Demy's Realism Mod.

NeoStuey - it works well with both the realism and safety car mod together. Just make sure you don't copy the whole track folder for each track, otherwise it will wipe out the modded triggers_pit files from the safety car mod. Just back up the old track files in a separate folder for each track, and only move the files from this mod to replace the original game files, don't move the whole track folder. I hope that makes sense. Case in point - I brought out a safety car in one of my tests at turn 11 in Abu Dhabi using all the 3 mods together.

Believe it or not turns 8 and 11 at Abu Dhabi are set to the max, down from 15.00 to 0.1. They can't be made to brake any later, because there is no more margin for change.

First post has been updated with new download link.

The new download includes later braking in turn 8 at Valencia and Monza has been restored to original values. I will re look at Monza when I get chance.

hill
First, thank you for the work at this.
But I want to note that your method to edit the breaking points is in principle a bit wrong.
That's because you can't compare the number of corners and braking points from the original track maps with the game ones. It's different, believe me. The best proof is that you mentioned before that you change 15.00 to 0.1 and have seen no difference. Means at all that for example line 8 is not meaning equal for braking point to turn 8.

Myself, I am not really sure what the 15.00 means exactly. But this is very difficult to edit because the game must also have braking points on the defensive line and the pit entry.
Furthermore, the use of the edited file depends from a few points like database, AI files and so on. ;)

Having tested this mod further I have to say I'm finding the braking erratic. At times yes the AI brake later in to corner however at other times they brake too hard in to the corner and virtually stop. This is especially a problem on the first lap at all the tracks I've tried.

I wonder if anyone else is finding this?

• Deleted member 137812

hey bud this might help you solving this issue!

(video is uploading atm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back