Competitive AI

My opinion is that Kunos must improve Ai. After a lot of single races against Ai at Nordschleife Nurburgring i noticed sometimes Ai is braking unnecessarily especially at Pflanzgarten 2 even at skills and aggression to 100%.

My opinion is that Kunos must improve Ai. After a lot of single races against Ai at Nordschleife Nurburgring i noticed sometimes Ai is braking unnecessarily especially at Pflanzgarten 2 even at skills and aggression to 100%.
That is easy to fix with a new AI line. In fact it has been fixed several times already, so search for new AI lines for that track.

wouldn't setting variation to 0 make all Ai equal?

Yes, but the leader is usually much faster then the others. Same car, 0 variation and still it is.
Other thing is their pace is not so predictable like before. Sometimes 1-2 sec difference per lap with the same parameters.
This all happened in 1.11 or 1.12 I don't remember exactly, but much earlier then the (otherwise very good) AI tweak.

Recently was making adjustment to the AI level bring them down to my lap times. When starting at the back with 99% AI and variation set to maximum I had AI cars clipping my rear quarters and spinning me off the track. Dropped the AI down to around 80% to bring the AI lap times closer to what I was running and I ended up with an AI car running away with a 26 second lead over 2nd place.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%