Competition: Win passenger laps around Rockingham in a Touring Car

Mark Reynolds

Physics & AI Programmer
HR_Reyconds_Sideways.jpg

If you ever wondered what it is like to go around a race track in a proper race car, to compare to your sim exploits to something in real life, then this competition is for you possibly.

As a fellow petrol head and sim racer, I thought this might be a cool chance to give someone else the experience of getting out on track in a real race car as a passenger. I have had the pleasure many times over the years with my job to experience such a thing and it was massively helpful to me for my work, and also massively exciting as a petrol head, having my own race car now means I have pretty much now come full circle.

The car is a 300bhp Turbo Charged 3 series BMW, pretty quick and enough to put a smile on the face with all the right noises, hopefully you will find the experience not only exciting, but also something you can use as a reference against our hobby "Sim-Racing".

Saturday 27th Feb (this coming Saturday) I will be at Rockingham testing some new parts on my race car for the coming season ahead, the morning will be giving *you , and some of my sponsors some passenger seat time to share the thrills around Rockingham, the afternoon will be spent working on the car and trying to improve the setup etc, but you are welcome to stick around if that floats your boat.

The competition is only open to people who can get themselves to the track, which probably means only UK based people unless you are super determined !

You will need to get yourself to the track for 08:00 sharp, I will meet you and greet you and look after you etc and then we will attend the pre session briefing as mandated by the organisers.

You will ideally have your own helmet, if not we can arrange something I am sure.

How do you enter?

Very simple, the livery on my car is based on a livery someone used to use in the "WTCC" World Touring Cars in the middle to late 2000's, I fell in love with this livery while I was working on Race07, and vowed to have it on my own car one day, to whom did that livery belong ?

Below simply enter your name on one line, and the answer below.

All the people with the correct answer will be entered into a random name picker ( http://www.miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/ ) on Thursday evening, I know it is not much time, I only had the idea to give this chance to someone today sorry.

Sadly this is for people 18+ only, sorry, track rules, not mine.

Good luck......hope this goes to someone who will enjoy as much I would !

God damnit man, i'd love to enter this.

This friday i leave my job, monday i start a new one, so it's the only weekend in 6 YEARS that i've been without a car.

Great timing Mark, thanks a lot :mad: so inconsiderate! :ninja:

I'm gonna try and sort out a lift with a fellow petrol head haha, if i can get one i'll submit an entry. :laugh:

God damnit man, i'd love to enter this.

This friday i leave my job, monday i start a new one, so it's the only weekend in 6 YEARS that i've been without a car.

Great timing Mark, thanks a lot :mad: so inconsiderate! :ninja:

I'm gonna try and sort out a lift with a fellow petrol head haha, if i can get one i'll submit an entry. :laugh:

Where are you at ?

I had no idea how many people would enter this or be interested in such a thing.

As there is only 3 entries and 3 potential winners I have decided to extend the offer to all 3 of you.

Edward van Rijn
Dan ONeill
Paul Jeffrey

If each of you send me a PM I will email you some details for the day.

Look forward to meeting you all, let us hope the car remains problem free and we rip up some good tarmac on the day :D

Awesome Mark, awesome!

Thanks for this idea mate, its a brilliant thought and very generous of you to extend it out to all three of us, looking forward to it immensely... I smell an RD article on the day's adventure coming up ;)

Truly epic! One PM on its way....

Cheers

Paul

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years