F1 2013 Commentator voice for Replay

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I doubt it. More costs the the development budget. Voice acting is charged on a per word basis, so i would imagine if the real commentators were used the development cost would sky rocket. Imagine all major TV channel commentators across the globe being recruited to talk for the specific language the replay commentary will cater for.

It would be nice if it were to be implemented and done well rather than the canned response effect like the old Playstation f1 games had.

I doubt it. More costs the the development budget. Voice acting is charged on a per word basis, so i would imagine if the real commentators were used the development cost would sky rocket. Imagine all major TV channel commentators across the globe being recruited to talk for the specific language the replay commentary will cater for.

It would be nice if it were to be implemented and done well rather than the canned response effect like the old Playstation f1 games had.

I think you must be mistaken. In all of the years I have worked in content product we have never paid a voice actor by the word. There are union rates dependant on time and final product but not on the number of words!

How would you even cost that? What if the actor comes in and fluffs his lines for a while just to get paid more because he spoke more words, or the writer makes changes...

STO is a great example, they have had a few of the cast members come back to do voice work, each time it has cost a few thousand $'s regardless of how much is said.

The replays need to be made more dynamic and allow you to have proper tv camera positions and the baility to move between different cars, something which the Geoff Crammond GP games did many years/decades ago.

Plus the number of people who would view the entire replay would be so low that the cost of development makes it a non starter.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back