Commentary

We have already talked about it though Liam so don't understand why you have to go public saying your worried when we have already arranged everything in private as to how things will work.

We have already arranged it in private so there is no need to be worried

There is now guys who don't deserve it are getting hassle and at this rate other commentators will be scared of from FSR which is not a good situation).

I've explained everything in my post how it will work with 3 commentators in WC, and remember it's my decision so if anyone wants to vent their anger please do so towards me not other commentators.

Right, let me just say my piece about all this:

Clearly this situation has been blown out of proportions by certain people, and this needs to stop. Now.

I will make this very clear and say this only once. I am NOT here to replace Liam. Never have been, never will be. Damian approached me off his own back to ask me to be WC commentator, and I've still got the messages to prove it if anyone still chooses not to believe me after the end of this post. Liam himself is a good commentator, the fact that he won the Autosport Commentary competition only vindicates that further, and he genuinely deserved to win it. Now, I don't dislike Liam at all. I think he's a great kid and he is very passionate about becoming a motorsport commentator. I will make it very clear I'm not trying to steal his thunder or tread all over his dream. I'm sure as hell not that kind of person in any way shape or form.

Also I will stress that in my initial reply to Damian when he offered the role, I made it very clear that I did NOT want Liam to be left out in the cold in any shape or form, as this would not have been fair on him whatsoever. He deserves to continue commentating here to improve and develop his skills. Heck, just look where it got Jack Nicholls! I genuinely hope that Liam efforts will get him noticed and he goes on to fulfill his dream, because he deserves to.

Now, as for my comment about Liam cutting across me, I will be honest and say that at times while I was saying my bit on the broadcast on a particular or something, Liam would start talking at the same time which would lead me to stop and let him continue. John-Eric made a very good point in saying that it's very hard to judge when to go from one person to the other, and he's right. I could have been a prick and just kept talking over him to force him to stop, but that's not the kind of commentator or person I am and again it wouldn't have been fair.

I fully understand that I'm the new guy entering someone else's territory so to speak and I'm not looking to claim it for my own in any way shape or form. I just don't appreciate people stirring up rumours and rubbish about me when they really don't know the truth. Also, in all fairness, if Liam really did have that much of a problem about it, I really do fail to see how it was so difficult to just come to me, be a man about it and just talk it out, instead of having to run to the admins making me out to be the enemy and causing this whole situation.

At the end of the day, if you like my commentary then I appreciate that. If not - fair enough. Haters can hate in my opinion so it's really no skin off my back. I personally feel very privileged that Damian even asked me in the first place! I know how big FSR is and Liam is very, very fortunate to get to commentate here due to his ability. Any sim race I commentate on, I give it 100%, as does Liam. Yes, we all make mistakes, it's natural, it's human nature. I'm not saying I'm any better than Liam and vice versa. In fact, he's more experienced that I am! We're both still quite young so we have a long, long time to continually develop and improve.

What I don't appreciate, however, is coming in here because someone asked me to and instantly get made out to be the one in the wrong when quite frankly I haven't done anything. So this rubbish that's all been stirred up needs to stop, and it needs to stop now.

Oh and one more thing - if any of you guys have any problems with me, you step up, be a man about it and come say it to my face. You will have my respect much more if you're big enough to do that then playing chinese whispers with everyone else behind my back and me finding out the hard way.

I hope this has gone at least some way to clear things up.

I'm not making you out to be the bad one at all Scott,I really enjoyed working with you and would gladly do it again and have no problem what so ever with you. I just feel that for the past few months since ROC a few people don't want to see me as lead commentator,and more evidence is just starting to show, weather this is me overthinking or fact is another matter..Scott doesn't deserve any grief as like he said in terms of commentating he has only taken an opportunity which to be fair anyone would take.

@Liam, fyi this RoC had nothing to do with FSR at all. That was a private unrelated event where you decided iRacing qualifications are more important to you then the Briefing we were doing so you could never listen to what was planned.

I just have to one last post to this discussion because all this whining of people makes me sick. Behind the scenes, ATR Manager Martin Christensen is shooting against Scott to try and get him out of Commentary for FSR. As we all know Liam is very much associated with ATR or Christensen is his Manager or whatever. But you really have the guts posting here that you want everything all peaceful and you are fine with and behind everyones back you have your teammanager do the dirty work for you? Posting here for help and only reacting to those praising you, and letting these things happen behind the scenes. Speak up honestly what you want and stop this show here.

I respect everyone doing work for FSR and investing their free time for it as I know how much work it is and how painful it can be sometimes because you don´t earn anything but anger as result for your work, but kicking of such a discussion which had only one clear aim after things have been agreed on just is some very ugly behaviour.

I haven't asked Martin to do a thing? Believe what you want, if I have a problem I will voice an opinion like before, I won't ask people to do it for me, ask them yourself. If he has done that then it's his own choice, what do you want to see chat records?

I just have to one last post to this discussion because all this whining of people makes me sick. Behind the scenes, ATR Manager Martin Christensen is shooting against Scott to try and get him out of Commentary for FSR. As we all know Liam is very much associated with ATR or Christensen is his Manager or whatever. But you really have the guts posting here that you want everything all peaceful and you are fine with and behind everyones back you have your teammanager do the dirty work for you? Posting here for help and only reacting to those praising you, and letting these things happen behind the scenes. Speak up honestly what you want and stop this show here.

I respect everyone doing work for FSR and investing their free time for it as I know how much work it is and how painful it can be sometimes because you don´t earn anything but anger as result for your work, but kicking of such a discussion which had only one clear aim after things have been agreed on just is some very ugly behaviour.

It was me who suggested to Liam to open this thread some days ago. I doubt what Christensen is doing is relationed with Liam, I think everybody knows about Martin :)

I should relativate my post then and cut out the connection between Liam and Martin. It´s still a serious matter what is going on behind the scenes, and people should think who they want to be associated with.

Just want to say that we have sorted the situation regarding the commentary, the negativity is coming from the source which usually causes problems with everything and will be ignored, this is a source not within the broadcast team. FSR has had 3 + commentators in WC in the past without problems so it will work fine and as said the source causing the problems will be ignored.

We will have 3 great commentators in WC as planned with Scott, Nick & Liam, with Scott moving to pit lane for next rate (and rotate it) we will work hard to make the broadcasts the best possible and Liam is still a vital part of the FSR broadcast team and will be for the future.

So as far as the broadcast team are concerned we will just move forward in only positive ways, and ignore the negativity from a very small minority.

Thanks everyone for the support.

i'd like to put myself up as a 2nd commentator under the lead of whoever. if its not needed then ok lol.
i've always wanted to have a go , im from england and have a similarly good spoken voice.

i currently drive in WT (2nd in China) so i could maybe be a 'jaime alguesuari' type 2nd commentator, giving a drivers eye perspective on the WC race..

anyway, just putting myself out there. if you guys dont need it, it doesnt matter.

btw whoever it was that commentated on the world trophy race, china - stunning job.

I've commentated on a few different races inside and outside FSR, and I can vouch for Liam and say that it's incredibly difficult to build up a rapport/avoid cutting when you're not even in the same room -and- you have the delays of the interwebs complicating matters.

I imagine that the main reason Liam might be cutting over commentators is because the poor guy had to do pretty much every race on his lonesome last year and still manage to do a good job! :p

My advice would be to just keep doing what you're doing. I think it might help if you could arrange to have the camera-man in communication with the commentators through the whisper function on TS. That way he can tell comms if a) he's spotted an incident that you guys haven't seen b) he can let comms know he's showing a replay and c) let comms know that his camera's are following something different/more important than what they are! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%