Commentary

Thanks so much guys!!! I will do a lot of research before Valencia, tomorrow won't be as important as I'm a pit reporter..but still, thank you so much seriously for all your support guys!
Even a pit reporter can add a lot to the broadcast by bringing in fresh information from the teams, I will be available all race tomorrow to give Information if needed.

Come on, i have never heard so weak arguments before! Sounds like a weak attempts to tip of Liam! But with his great work, where 3race in 1 weekend in 2011 is just a example/clear hint - Then for sure he deserve to make the Ws and wc kommentator p1 with all his effort! He should be more appreciated! What i see here is so weak, and from many side i hear that Scott write to them (random people) "Liam cut me off, i dont like thim" this way of acting "smells"

Honestly, if this pitreporter job is so good, then give it to Scott! Liam deserves lead commentating ws and wc!

yeah Liam you are truly awesome!!
its really easy to critize things
Your doing an absolutely fantastic job the 1 that wants to put time and effort into commentating is really fantastic
If you were not there we were simply seeing cars lapping a track with boring engine sounds
i really hope you continu
Even as pitreporter it could be very cool for broadcast!!

also your co commentator doing same as you absilute brilliant i hope FSR wants to attribute a small favour to those guys
maybe even a small amount of money or something or a little gift for you guys you need more appriciation i think if its the correct word......

Cheers guys

Stefan: "What i see here is so weak, and from many side i hear that Scott write to them (random people) "Liam cut me off, i dont like thim" this way of acting "smells"

Scott is not just randomly writing to people what he thought. I asked him if he would commentate with liam again for the world series race, cus i really injoyed it. And he was just honest with his awnser about why he mide not do it again and just concentrate on wt where was no commentator. Hes deffinetely not trying to bring down Liam!

I brought this up because i like 2 commentators more than one xd.

Rob
I know from more than one that Scott writing these things, so i think you should withdraw this comment, you simply misunderstood me!

If anyone deserves to be there for commentating, its Liam!
If you havent realised this by all these post, then i dont know what to say tbh

And if you like 2 commentators, why isnt Liam and Nick enough for you? With the great work Liam does, he should be number 1 choise for ws and wc commentating, after him, the others can decide who does what, and Scott could start as wt commentator, or maybe even pitreporter which according to kunkel is very very important role : )

I never sayd i dident like liam, and about the 2 commentator thing. I was talking about WS not WC cus there we already had 2 commentators. I dont want Liam to go away, i like his commantery. As i said i was just giving feedback, cus thats what he asked for! And Liam knows i like his commentary cus i tell him many times.

I have heard that Scott has told other people this to match Stefan's point but I haven't heard anything personally,I mean if a driver crashes and he would join TeamSpeak for interview that would be quite cool but I'm guessing one of the two leads would conduct it..:/

Just wanna give some feedback on the overall broadcast. About the commentators all 3 are great and FSR is lucky to have 3 of the same level.
But about the broadcast. I would like to see some interviews after the race. With the winner/podium or a team manager. Now its the whole time. Race is is done end of broadcast wich is really a shame. And it feels like a big distance between the organisers and the racers because of that.
Also some pre race talk about strategies, pace of people etc will add alot. :)

Firstly let me point out that it was my decision to bring Scott in to work with Nick and add to the WC commentator team. However I must stress Liam is not being dropped from FSR or anything like that (As he knows also) it's just a case of adding another quality commentator to the WC team and one that can help out on Saturday's also for WT when we don't have commentators for there.

The broadcasts this year have not been organized at all as there's been no broadcast director so I've taken this role to insure the broadcasts are of the best quality and organized correctly each weekend.

Part of my role is to make decisions to take the broadcast forward and insure we have enough commentators and camera men each race, and one of my main decisions was to bring Scott into the WC broadcast team so we have 3 WC commentators and then rotate the WC commentators, for example China Scott & Nick with Liam pit, Valencia Liam & Nick again with Scott as pit, so I must stress again Liam is not being dropped altogether. This is just to make sure we have 3 wc commentators and insure smooth broadcasts with no unexpected problems in future races.

Scott is an amazing commentator who does hard research such as Nick and someone who is motivated to take the role as commentator and help FSR voluntary, FSR needs more people to help in the broadcasts and please don't judge Scott before even hearing him teamed up with Nick. FSR also needs Liam to stay due to his commitment to FSR, and as Liam knows I think hes a good commentator with allot of great potential (Though my main feedback would be from what Rob & Johannes said on the first page) so all the help is needed and it's vital everyone who helps keeps carrying on helping.

However we have to be professional here and keep moving things forward and all of us trying to improve in whatever role we take, and if a decision like this is taken you take it in professionally and not personally.

Anyway overall the broadcasts will be much better in future races (Especially WC) and I'll be asking everyone for idea's after the weekend of what we can do to add to the broadcasts, such as making warmup more interesting by adding insight into some things or something, I plan on making the WC broadcast especially the best FSR has had, but that won't happen in one or two races however we will insure that the next broadcast are as best as possible as always.

Just thought I'd make this a bit more clear.

To be fair though you have to see it from my point, look at the ROC last year, I was asked to be Pit Reporter there even though I did virtually all the races across all divisions and Nick was asked to be main despite doing a few, this isn't sour grapes I'm just pointing out the fact that this is a kind of mirror from that incident, I will still be pit reporter and try to bring as much to it as I can but knowing that I had to fight for a 2012 role and now the possibility of being dropped in the future kinda gets to me. I'm not trying to whine or be a cry baby, just giving reason to Damian why I am worried.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back