Comment: Tell Us Your Sim Racing 2017 Highlights...

My highlight has to be RF2 getting VR, there's been lots of trials & tribulations a long the way but when it works it works great and is such a joy. Not up to the smooth standards of AC just yet but the future looks great under the leadership of Marcel & his team at S397, by that I mean bringing further much needed optimisations to the VR and games core experience.

Others of note; finding a decent V8Supercar mod for AC that I'm truly loving, the GT3 Pack for RF2 is great and finally the AC DLC this year has been exceptional.

1. RDLMS Road America round - my near perfect triple stint.
  2. Going head to head in a clean battle against Rubens Barrichello for a whole lap in a iracing league race and getting praise from him.
  3. My 5 consecutive hours driving in the iRacing Le Mans 24h race, despite being drunk and half asleep guaranteeing my team a top 5 overall in the split (the aftermath was the down moment of my life thus far, and I mean literally)
There might be one or two more that I don't remember but those are the most notable ones.

Starting to use VR; found myself trying to rest arm on parts of the interior or cockpit in DCS, the sense of scale and immersion is something everyone should experience.

The penny finally dropping with the WEC, Porsche and other manufacturers that we are in the electronic age :whistling:

The way R3E has developed has been a joy, been watching Georg's stream regular and together it has inspired me to modify my rig further and improve my racing for a better experience...this year i aim to actually compete seriously in an online race.

Apart from that, i have found RD the place to go and have become a premium member, output has been tremendous this year, so informative. All the best guys :thumbsup:

My highlight was getting a 21:9 display, lowering the FOV to 30 and enjoying AC twice as much even after 2000+ hours spent on it. I strongly recommend a 21:9 display as the best low-budget solution to enjoy sim-racing and sim-driving with a realistic FOV.

My highlight is getting back into SIM racing, this time with an Oculus Rift and working on my consistency.

I've had some good battles and made some new friends.

See you all next year to continue improving, and of course have a laugh. Laughter is important, otherwise we will all perish without it.

Special thanks to @Joseph Wright for putting up with me haha - and finally saying my surname correctly.

Also let's not forget @Rupe Wilson and @RasmusP for all the AC fun - I do not envy you guys keeping everyone in check, you guys help to make this place what it is.

Sim racing highlight of the year was getting an Oculus Rift.
Toward the end of 2016 I was getting bored with gaming in general and by the beginning of this year I hardly used my gaming rig. Then in May a few of us were chatting in teamspeak and after a few beers dared eachother to splash out on new PC's and VR kits. Three of us took the bait :D

Happy New year to you all!!

Raceroom has really improved this year and has become my game of choice, especially with the new cars they introduced. There are still some features missing (weather, adjustable point systems, tyre compounds) but it's a really satisfying game, albeit a bit on the expensive side. In 2017, I've also rediscovered Assetto Corsa, after neglecting it for a while.

On a more serious note, I had a job change of circumstances 3 years ago... was on a good wage had a whole bunch of savings and life was great (still is), it was an office job but I loved the money.
I did this for 10 years then over period of 2 years management changes and some seriously dodgy goings on i turned whistle blower....
Then that was me done..... never the same again so i left to pursue my own career in Graphic Design.
It's gone ok but with the purchase of a house and now 2 kids the money cut back has meant much of my savings as were have depleted now.
Enjoying working for myself for the most part, but nowhere near the money used to make....

So I always still dabbled in computer games, have loved it since Amiga 500 days... did the whole PS1, dreamcast etc etc.
Xbox 360 MS wheel and shift 2 then became my game of choice...
Few years ago i got an xbox one, late to the party...got PCars 1 for £20 and suddenly (bugs and all) i got well into this sim racing thing...TX wheel race seat set up....
Then 2017 took the move into PC gaming....

I used to have alot of toys, motorbikes, track cars dreams of actually racing cars for real...but alas new business venture and the house and kids it all had to go...

That where sim racing came in.....even karting was getting too expensive for not much if any return...but sim racing? Bang for buck is incredible....

So yeah, not meant to read as a sob story, its first world problems at worst. But my real point is sim racing means i can pretty much get the buzz i need but at a fraction of the costs and also its just so much fun and i get so much out of it...
Here's to 2018 and my favorite hobby....

For sure with choice of a track car in the garage which i can use if lucky once a month, or a sim set up....its a no brainer..

Online:
  • Getting pole in my 2nd RD Online race and finishing second by only a few seconds.
  • The battles a few weeks ago in F4. 4 wide around Mid Ohio sure is fun.
  • My first RD Online win in the NSU's at Macau and the battle in the second race with Mr.C.
  • Learning setups and improving by seconds compared to last year.
  • Messing up the pit stop when in the lead and losing 60 seconds in my first RD Club race :D.
Offline:
  • Creating my own series for AMS (sorry for the plug ;)) which is still in the works.
  • AMS as a whole.
  • R3E as a whole.
Commentator:
  • RDLMS - Participating in such well regarded events even as a commentator was a joy.
  • Some of the battles throughout all series.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back