Comment: Tell Us Your Motorsport 2017 Highlights

Seeing Martin Truex Jr. win his first NASCAR Cup title was amazing. After all the struggles in his career to finally get his shot to be on top was so cool. What made it all better was seeing him win in person at my home track, Chicagoland, in the first Playoff race on his way to the title.

Last edited:
My motorsport highlight of the year was going to Silverstone for the F1 weekend in July. I went with a couple of guys I race with in Assetto Corsa. I know F1 is a bit boring to watch on TV but the trackside atmosphere is something else. We were at Vale and saw Bottas battle against and overtake Vettel right in front of us. There was a huge cheer from the crowd and I must admit I punched the air too :D
All in all it was a great few days but considering it cost about the same as an all inclusive week in Spain, I won't be going too often.
Next year (2018) I'm hoping to return to Knockhill for the BTCC. Been a few times to that as it's only half an hour away.

For me, it was watching my first Petit Le Mans, which was my first time watching cars race into the night. Those final hours were pure beauty! It was also pretty cool to see Hartley win and then go to F1 a week later.
I moved around the track all day long, despite my cerebral palsy, aided by really nice folks who gave me rides.
When I was walking to my car to drive home, someone asked me if I was ok to drive. I said I was, and that I had CP. To which she said: “ohh, I thought you had been drinking all day long.” Lol lol

Record Lap set by Toni Vilander in 488 GT3 at Bathurst was just mesmerising and the whole teams drive was incredible despite the setbacks they had, well deserved victory.

24 Hours of Spa start, Grasser Team Lamborghini going sideways on Eau Rouge and keeping it cool while being surrounded by 65 other cars, epic moment.

There are many other highlights, but these two would have to be the most memorable for me.

Frédéric Sausset at Le Mans.

Sausset was the first ever quadruple amputee to enter and finish the mythical 24 Hours of Le Mans, the most difficult race in the world of motorsports.

Lot of hope for all disabled people ! #clapclap

Thanks for pointing this out, fascinating will research some ore on this....

Oh and best moments in 2017?...anything with 2 wheels, from Moto GP to TT......

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back