Comment: Tell Us Your Motorsport 2017 Highlights

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Motorsport Highlights 2017.jpg

On the last day of 2017 we would love to hear your personal highlights from the big wide world of motorsport. Formula One, Touring Cars, GT and everything in between!

It has been a busy year for motorsport competition in 2017 with some fabulous goods news stories hidden in between the dark patches of the sport scattered throughout the year. Motorsport fans have had some pretty major downs this year, from the mass exodus of manufactures from series such as the DTM and WEC P1 categories, to another relatively dull year of Grand Prix racing, however despite the obvious darker sides to the sport we have had some corking good stories to tell as well.

What has been the highlight of 2017 for you personally? Maybe you visited a race for the first time in person? Maybe you got an extra buzz from the brilliant season finale in the Australian Supercar series? Did you enjoy watching the title fight between Hamilton and Vettel or maybe basked in the glory of an ever strengthening GT3/GTE/GTAM endurance category? Inspired by the spirited and heart warming fightback of Billy Monger following his horror accident or enjoying the continued resurgence of the World Rallycross series? Tell us all about it in the comments section and share the motorsport love!

Probably the last cheeky beg of the year, and you probably already know the drill but just in case he goes (thanks to copy and paste)... If you want to give us a nice New Year present then please feel free to hit the subscribe button on our various different content outlets highlighted below. More subscribers gives us better opportunities to do cooler stuff, so spread the word and let's make 2018 even better than ever before!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Last edited:
Seeing Newgarden win the Indycar championship. Followed him since i first seen him at Oulton Park in Formula Ford. Was very happy to see him win the Astor Cup.

Also Truex winning the Nascar championship.

The Aston Martin/Corvette duel the last minutes of Le Mans, some of the greatest sprint racing all year and it happened after over 23h 45 minutes of racing.

A close runner up would be Jackie Chan Racing almost taking the overall win at the same event. The LMP1s were a disgrace and I would've been a much happier camper with a LMP2 that had fought it's way to victory on the track and not in the garage/wallet to the win. But oh well, that's endurance racing. I'm sure JCR were real happy with the result they got.

Being a longtime fan of the IMSA/Camel GT series in North America, the resurgence of sports car racing is very encouraging with the influx of manufacturers and drivers from all corners of the world is fantastic.

Visiting Malaysia this year again and watching the last F1 race at Sepang. And as it turned out to be one of the better races this year the trip was well worth it.

Won tickets to the BTCC final by setting the fastest time on a simulator at Snetterton (the only place I've ever watched racing) a few weeks prior to it turns out that Brands Hatch is quite a lot busier during the BTCC weekend than Snetterton. Also got to see the Porsche Le Mans car and sit inside of the 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 car, I believe I was the only member of public allowed to do that. That's probably my motorsport highlight of 2017

Won tickets to the BTCC final by setting the fastest time on a simulator at Snetterton (the only place I've ever watched racing) a few weeks prior to it turns out that Brands Hatch is quite a lot busier during the BTCC weekend than Snetterton. Also got to see the Porsche Le Mans car and sit inside of the 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 car, I believe I was the only member of public allowed to do that. That's probably my motorsport highlight of 2017
Damn you was @Snetty and BH final event, I was at both with Dan Kirby and we missed each other LOL

And honestly, all of the Formula E this year. From the new race with Sam Bird managing to get *just* out in front of second place after a drivetrough penalty to, well, that mexico race. It may be slow, you may think it's a glorified karting race but that's actually the best possible thing: It's karting, but with more glory. What's not to like? :p

Max Verstappen's 2nd GP win of his career, in Malaysia, beating Hamilton, Ricciardo and Vettel. Hopefully we see a lot of competition between these 4 in years to come! :D

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back