1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Coming spring 2013.

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Olivier Boissel, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Hi all.

Here we are, Spring :)

This is the beginning of the end of our long wait for AC, but spring count 94 days :confused: ; patience patience ........."patience is a virtue" ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. tomorrow is spring :D

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Weeeeeeeeh

• Like Like x 10
  4. Damien Wintz

Damien Wintz
    Premium Member

I thought it was planned to come out in Q1 2013 (aka before the 31st of this month) :(

5. You never waited for GT5 did you? What is said and what happens are two different things :D

What they meant to say was Q1 2015 :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. I just don't expect to see AC this year. Laughable, I know, but GT5 did this to me. Wouldn't we have had some confirmation by now that the timetable is still accurate?

7. Why you think like that ? We got 0.99 version right now. I believe that AC will come out in less then a month. It is pretty much done exept some minor bugs.

8. How do you know that? I hope your right. The tech demo seems great. I can't wait for this sim.

9. On the last conference Kunos said that they will release tech preview in February and they did. They also said that 1.0 will come in spring and by the looks of it, I think they will release it.

10. I have doubts about releasing the full version any time soon. Its good to know that there is a major difference between a TP and a full game. I would more agree with ccjcc81.

11. Ok, but what makes you doubt it? I could understand that if there are some reasoning behind it.

12. Well, we can conclude that the basics for AC are pretty good: the graphics engine seems to be sorted with 0.99.

But we know nothing about the performance of AC with a full grid. How heavy are the other cars on your system? Will that make 70 fps ->30 fps?

What about the Multiplayer code, we don't have a clue about how far they are with this

And what about all these small niggling bugs you have for a full version. I'm sure they are currently testing a lot to make sure AC is as bug free as possible.

Personally, I expect a release of AC at the earliest in june.

13. What? For the start - multiplayer. Why they didnt include it in the TP? I think this is one of the significant issues of the every sim.
    It wasn`t perfect in netkar either, so I doubt it will be here too - even 15 years old GPL has better code for multiplayer.

14. Beceause TP was meant to check out how the game runs on many different configurations, not to please the people with mutliplayer.

15. Regardless of the reason why they left out in the TP, it is one the big question marks for Assetto Corsa. One of the question marks where we don't have any clues about how good it is going to be.

It took Stefano about 4 years to get it acceptable in netKar Pro, and it still is quite poor in comparison to iRacing.

All the other key elements, physics/gpu/sound/gui seem to be more or less okay at least! :)

16. it needs to hurry up!

17. Not at all. The demo will come out in a few weeks, mid-April at the latest, and the game will come out shortly after that and all will be well.

18. who said the demo is out before the game?

19. I heard v1.0 and the demo at the same time