DiRT 2 Colin McRae: DiRT 2

PS store always gets a update in the afternoon. Xbox live always in the morning.
So it will be there tonight on the PS store. :)

But it's indeed a big improvement on Dirt.
The cars have more feeling. To bad there is no proper FF.

Is it trophy trucks and Mitsubishi Eclipse on the ps3 demo?

Yes same as XBOX 360. I've not had much time to play this evening so I'll reserve judgement but the one thing that has stood out like a wart on a pustule sat on a growth is the good awful presentation. Now I'm sure it appeals to the younger 'Fast & Furious' generation and perhaps the game has half naked women strewn across the cars but why oh why do we need this abomination of a drunken festival-like setting with neon text and kewl d00d styling while Ken Block delivers some banal commentary? Its like the tragic love child born out of an unholy union of Motorstorm and Need For Speed Street. Its just about as far removed from the image of Colin McRae as it could possibly be so why do they sully his name by putting it to this game?

I dont personally care about the menu, just how the game plays and i have enjoyed using the Eclipse on the rally stage and catching up with other cars and having to find space to pass them. Also loving that awesome water effect on the windscreen when u race through them huge puddles.

True Rob. Visuals are improved. No more wine coloured filters :)

And also True Kevin. I have nothing against the whole hip and cool scene. I thing Ken Block is a great driver, but it's only natural that he'll be milked dry by things like this.

Basically, DiRT2 is EA's Skate for race fans... Which is good. Fun, awesome soundtrack and addictive.

True Rob. Visuals are improved. No more wine coloured filters :)

And also True Kevin. I have nothing against the whole hop and cool scene. I thing Ken Block is a great driver, but it's only natural that he'll be milked dry by things like this.

Basically, DiRT2 is EA's Skate for race fans... Which is good. Fun, awesome soundtrack and addictive.

I have nothing against Ken Block he's a very talented driver, amazing control but I just don't see why the need to jazz it up with all the razzamatazz festival type stuff. Colin McRae is all about rallying and this presentation feels a long long way from that. Ken Block is a fine driver why not lay Colin McRae's name to rest and move forward with Ken Block at least this is game is more in keeping with the image around him. I've got the demo on my PS3 now as well so I can give the game a good try at the weekend on a decent wheel.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back