DiRT 2 Colin McRae: DiRT 2

The PC version is better with the easier access to 900 deg wheels and directx 11 images are great. The xbox version looks like the lowered resolution 720p version on PC. Just do not focus on the eyeballs, while driving!

I wonder what kind of controller you are using. Because with my wheel(ECCI 7000) I find it hard turn through corners without meticulously applying the brake and counter steering very fast. This game's handling is simply too delicate for me. I know it's rally, but the sliding of the car seems over exaggerated. I dunno, maybe it's because I'm coming right off of F1 2010, where that's a different beast altogether?

I wonder what kind of controller you are using. Because with my wheel(ECCI 7000) I find it hard turn through corners without meticulously applying the brake and counter steering very fast. This game's handling is simply too delicate for me. I know it's rally, but the sliding of the car seems over exaggerated. I dunno, maybe it's because I'm coming right off of F1 2010, where that's a different beast altogether?

Logitech Formula Vibration Feedback, a cheap and crappy wheel. The steering sensitivity is quite high, I didn't see it in the options.
I don't play F1, but I do play a lot of Richard Burns Rally, maybe I picked something up there :)

I'm so glad I'd subscribed to this thread and saw the €5 offer. I already own it on PS3 but my PS3 is now a GT5-only device, so it's really handy to have DiRT 2 on the PC just for the occasional blast (no need to lug the wheel stand to the TV to do so, extra bonus).

On my GTX460 it's running at average 60fps with graphics set to ultra with max AA at 1680x1050, and it looks so much better than the PS3 version. I've crashed a few times being surprised by just how good it looks. And flashbacks are just such a good idea for when you've had a long day at work and your concentration wavers occasionally.

Hmmm, I'm getting tempted to buy F1 2010 as well now, just to see how Codemasters did. Shame there's no demo :(

• Deleted member 38664

Game's real cheap on Steam 'cause they can't sell it otherwise. Console version is better than PC version, since PC version has Games for Windows Live, the spawn of hideous evil that doesn't work on 64-bit systems and corrupts the Autosave file, making it impossible to play this game unless you use the old version of GFWL, which knocks out the possibility of Multiplayer for any GFWL game.

While the game itself is very well detailed, there has been no information on progress of fixing this very bad bug. The same bug also affects FUEL (a rather awesome game if it's not crashing out) and F1 2010.

And no, there will be no backing down to 32-bit Windows. Modern gaming systems have more than 4GB RAM, which 32-bit OS can not run with.

Game's real cheap on Steam 'cause they can't sell it otherwise. Console version is better than PC version, since PC version has Games for Windows Live, the spawn of hideous evil that doesn't work on 64-bit systems and corrupts the Autosave file, making it impossible to play this game unless you use the old version of GFWL, which knocks out the possibility of Multiplayer for any GFWL game.

While the game itself is very well detailed, there has been no information on progress of fixing this very bad bug. The same bug also affects FUEL (a rather awesome game if it's not crashing out) and F1 2010.

And no, there will be no backing down to 32-bit Windows. Modern gaming systems have more than 4GB RAM, which 32-bit OS can not run with.
I own the PS3 and PC versions. I am running the PC version on Win7 x64, so far I've successfully used the automatically installed version of Games for Windows live to make an ID, and raced regularly within DiRT2 without a single issue. Save file not yet corrupted.

Are you sure you have your facts up to date?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 326 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.3%