Coffs Harbour Road Course - Released

Coffs Harbour Version 0.99
A fantasy race course of real roads and streets of Coffs Harbour. A small coastal city of NSW, Australia.
Just over 10km long it has fast straights and some tight city streets.
This project has been many months work and I intend to continue working on it although now its just minor touch-ups.
The track file is over 100mb and therefore needs to be downloaded in 2 parts.Part 1 is the normal construction and just gets extracted into your gameData/Locations directory of rFactor.Part 2 after unzipping, place the objects.mas file in the CoffsHarbour folder aslongside the Sky and Textures.mas files.
CRC-099-001.jpg

CRC-099-002.jpg

CRC-099-003.jpg

CRC-099-004.jpg

CRC-099-005.jpg

CRC-099-006.jpg

CRC-099-007.jpg

CRC-099-008.jpg

CRC-099-009.jpg

CRC-099-010.jpg

CRC-099-011.jpg

CRC-099-012.jpg

CRC-099-013.jpg

CRC-099-014.jpg

CRC-099-015.jpg

CRC-099-016.jpg

CRC-099-017.jpg

CRC-099-018.jpg

CRC-099-019.jpg

CRC-099-020.jpg

CRC-099-021.jpg

Fantastic Track Martin..:)

You managed to get rid of the "static" race track feel/look
and produced a fantastic countryside/small town track.

Would you perhaps consider to release the track matarials
as an Xpack.?

Cheers,
Dac.

Very nice track, especially with all those junctions. I had a close look at them but couldn't find where the two tracks met. However I have a few suggestions:

Make it more clear which direction we should be going. I often approached a junction not knowing if I should slow down because I'd have to turn, or if I should be keeping my foot down and going straight on.

Make it less easy to take shortcuts. There's a roundabout where we have to go right, but by following a clockwise direction, like a proper roundabout. But it's easy to take a shortcut and go anticlockwise. For testing my own tracks I've turned off flag warnings, so I don't know if I'd have been given a 'cut track' warning. A driver could make an innocent mistake, or need it as an escape route after losing control, so perhaps some obstructions could be used to turn the shortcut into a very slow chicane.

In both cases, clearer signs are needed.

When the road is a dual carriageway, should we be able to use either side?

Finally, some of the textures become fuzzy at a very short distance from the car. You can sort that out via the Venue Materials. For the Diffuse image, set Mip Bias to -4. I'm not sure what values would be suitable for Bump and Specular, but the default textures use -1 and -2.

R Soul, thanks for your feedbback and everyone else, thank you also.

When flags are on if you cut corners at roundabouts that go right it will not count the lap. The roundabouts that you go straight through it will allow but going right is the slow way round. Useful if u need to get around an accident. Ive had a few comment about more signs but you only need to look at the groove on the road and after a couple of laps its easy to remember. Also the guttering is coloured on the course only. I tried putting up barriers and such but they block runoffs and cause collision problems.

What does bug me is the alpha issue and mirrors. Someone mentioned might be fixable by adding a command in the scene file. Any ideas ?

Very nice track, especially with all those junctions. I had a close look at them but couldn't find where the two tracks met.
there's a really good reason for that. The whole circuit only has one other track attatched to it and thats the pit lane. Everything else is terrain attatched to tracks using the same road surface. I got sick and tired of having to re-allign the tracks whenever there was a change this way they are fixed to the road. Works perfectly.

Wow Martin, those screenies look amazing.
I've spent quite a lot of time around Coffs Harbour, and much of this looks very familiar and realistic. The time and detail gone into this looks brilliant.
Does it have any frame rate impact on average PC systems?

Looks like time for me to renew my fun with rFactor. Looks like it will be part road race and part rallying atmosphere.

Thanks for your huge effort with this. :drool:

Damn, the sheer amount of work that has gone into this deserves some sort of medal :rotfl:

I still havn`t tried it yet, as i`m busy building my own track, but i`m sure once i`ve learned the track (which will probably take ages!!) it`ll be amazing!

Good work :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 325 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing