1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Codemasters forums are shutdown

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by Dmitry Zaharov, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Good job CM. All bug reports and plenty of useful information now vanished. :thumbsup:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yea what happened to them??? just went there and all gone one month after launching a game???
  3. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Funny I would 're-evaluate' before something ended, not after. It's possibly a means of dumping all that negative content contained within the forum. The current forum was born out of the dust (the loss) of the old forum, fresh and empty
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  4. Yep, absolutely dire of them and not very professional. I get the feeling they don't intend going back to having a forum at all.
  5. This looks like its the end of them making F1 games to me....
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. We can only hope! With the current sales figures of F1 2013, I would not be the least bit surprised.
  7. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium Member

Like if were using those informations ...
  8. Yea but if they don't no other company will pick it up either....
  9. Time for all the tin hat wearers to come out with their theories as to why it's down.
  10. Well at the very least you can call it incompetence. But I'd also cautiously side with the theory that it rubs out the more negative posts too.
  11. Good for CM i guess since not much people actually doing game discussion there, most of the time are less than 5 new threads per day which at least 4 thread is about reporting bug or complaining about gameplay / tire wear.
    And i guess now RaceDepartment force to become the unofficial-official CM racing game dicussion / setup / mod forum for the game like Grid 2 & F1 2013, i not sure i actually feel like crying or laughing :whistling:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. The only thing I can say is: AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  13. Seems very strange not to announce that it was closing at least a week before...... I think thats it for CM and F1 games which would be a shame
  14. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Thankfully our forum supplier contract is still running thanks to our donating members :thumbsup:

Now lets hope CM is also going to re-evaluate how to integrate dedicated servers and the future looks bright again!
  15. Had a reply from Codemasters via twitter, so I'll pass it on ....

16. And there they are.
  17. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

When properly done an export and import of all the data will not take more than a day.

They can have everything restored, and up and running in no time.

They can give me a call :p
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

They didn't do that last time Bram, they just dumped the old forum, so all the F1 2010 (for sure) and F1 2011 (I think) data was gone.

We had to re-join the new forum (if I remember correctly) ...... and now that forum has gone.

Even if you are changing CMS systems, there is usually a script (available or can be written) that can be run on a database to convert it to a new CMS system (as you know), without loss of data.

I know that as a dumb self-taught webmaster, and these guys are meant to be IT professionals.

Based on that history, I would guess (though I could be wrong), that something minimal will go back up.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Well at least there are other games coming out that look like a good replacement for racing if F1 does go down.
  20. BBFred

Premium Member

Rumor has it they're in negotiations with Quantum. The money for the new super-duper forums should be there by the end of the week.
    • Haha Haha x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1