F1 2016 Codemasters F1 2016 Survey Now Live - Have Your Say

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2016 Survey.jpg

Codemasters have launched a short online survey, as they look at ways to improve the game in future editions of the title. As an incentive to complete the brief questions, ten lucky submissions will be chosen at random to win sets of Formula One 2016 merchandise.

With F1 2016 widely regarded as the finest version of the series released by Codemasters, offering a dramatic improvement over recent lacklustre attempts by the studio, it will again be heartening to fans to hear the willingness of Codemasters to take on board comments from the gaming community.

The survey asks some relatively innocent questions, such as ranking your preferred features from 1 - 9, however plenty of free text fields gives a good opportunity for fans to voice their opinion directly to the studio.

As an additional incentive, ten sets of F1 2016 t-shirts, posters and lanyards will be given out at random to users who submit a response and leave their email address at the end of the survey.

F1 2016 Game Survey Prizes.jpg

The F1 2016 Codemasters Survey can be accessed here - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/X55R9FC

Survey T&Cs - http://blog.codemasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Survey-terms-and-conditions.pdf

F1 2016 is available for Windows PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One now.

The Codemasters Formula One 2016 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for community discussion and news regarding the latest F1 2016 game. Head over and check out the mods, or join in one of the excellent racing club events on offer.

Have you filled out the survey? How do you think F1 2016 compares to recent editions of the game? Are you happy to see Codemasters reaching out for more community interaction? Let us know in the comments section below!

Its their choice who they get into bed with.
Yeah, it's unfortunate but the reality is FOM/F1 Want what they want from a game created from their business. Any company contracted to the job would still produce the same results regardless of past pedigree.

As mentioned previously FOM allowed a lot of creative freedom for Coemasters this year and with the positive response I hope FOM take note and allow more liberty for the game to be further developed. Especially with the likes of Liberty media buying in to it.

Last edited:
  • ronniej

Sorry Ronnie but if you haven't tried F1 2016 then how can you comment on whether or not there have been improvements? Confused.
'Touche' Alex...However, to be fair I wasn't commenting on whether or not there was any improvements, just that "unless" some drastic changes were made from F1 2015 then I wouldn't imagine the physics would be much different, and I'll take Blimey's word for it if he indeed has tried F1 2016. But, I admit my contribution to this thread was unnecessary and I'm still sore over the way Codemasters handled F1 2015 and as a purchaser I was very disappointed. That's all.

That's just absolutely pathetic. You really need to try something before commenting. This years F1 sim is just that, a sim and far surpasses both of the titles you pointlessly mention in terms of F1 immersion and simulation, maybe not in pure physics. And I own both of them too.
"Absolutely pathetic"...Really? Take it easy big guy.

Wait... What? You completed the survey but you haven't purchased or played the game?
I was invited to take the survey actually, and owning 3 previous F1 titles gave me enough justification in my mind to provide my opinion to Codemasters in general.

Lol, I'm surprised that my comment got so much attention.

How could they? They need to sell to all gamers not just a few PC simmers. They have done a wonderful job this year. It now surpasses Geoff Crammonds work for me.
Moneywise they can't or they won't. The console market is were the money is. And im aware of the fact that simming is fading away slowly. I disagree that CM surpasses Jeff's titles. Jeff was focussed on a F1 simulator while CM focusses on F1 fun with career. I do not say CM is creating bad games, its just not my thing as i prefer dedicated pc race games

Moneywise they can't or they won't. The console market is were the money is. And im aware of the fact that simming is fading away slowly. I disagree that CM surpasses Jeff's titles. Jeff was focussed on a F1 simulator while CM focusses on F1 fun with career. I do not say CM is creating bad games, its just not my thing as i prefer dedicated pc race games

His name is Geoff, not Jeff. And I understand that you prefer dedicated PC race sims. So do I. But the days of having just PC dedicated Race sims with big licences like F1 is over. There is not enough money in it. I have always been a massive fan of Geoff's and his F1 masterpieces and I still have GP4 on my PC right now. But their playability is no where as polished or even as good physics wise compared to CM's latest. The whole imersion factor of F1 2016 is far better than anything previously and if you want to simulate F1 racing there is nothing else that compares.
If you fancy doing some v10 F1 racing there is a really nice Interlagos GP club race coming up soon with a full 71 laps here at the club via Automobilista. That should fill your requirement nicely. I'm giving it a go.

and I'll take Blimey's word for it if he indeed has tried F1 2016.

Lol, I'm surprised that my comment got so much attention.

Taking Blimey's word for it is probably not a good thing to align your opinions on. Sometimes it seems the guy hates racing and sims or racing titles in general...

I think your post got a lot of attention cause it's like reviewing the food in a restaurant without actually going there and trying the food... ;)

I never take Blimey's words for granted and I usualy disagree with him, but i must admit that this time I feel the same. Carrer mode is ok but it's the only thing I found to be fun and immersive in this title. Physics is so basic that I can't complete more than 2 laps without being bored by the lack of sensation.
Maybe I've spent too much time playing Assetto Corsa to apreciate the handling of F1 2016...

What set up do you have?
Are your OS and drivers up to date?
I've literally never heard of this until today...

I'm using Windows 7 SP1 x64, 8GB RAM, FX8350 and RX480. Many people have the same problem, just made a research at google, and many steam users are experiencing this problem too. No luck.

Everything is up to date, but the problem continues, can't play the game.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 311 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%