F1 2016 Codemasters F1 2016 Released

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
F1-2016.jpg
Featuring all the official drivers, teams and tracks from the 2016 Formula One season, the release day for Codemasters latest Formula One iteration is finally here.

Making it's return to the series is the Safety Car, along with the newly implemented Virtual Safety Car (VSC) and a host of new and improved features such as manual starts and formation laps. Players will be able to create their own character, personalise their own helmet and choose a racing number for their career.

F1 2016 is the official video game of the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ and features the full 2016 season calendar of 21 tracks, including the brand new Baku circuit in Azerbaijan, and the full roster of 22 drivers and 11 teams, including the new Haas F1 Team.

Many fans believe this to be the true successor to the original F1 2010 game with a greater focus on "Living the Life", as players will have to deal with media commitments, driver contracts and emails. In addition to these welcome improvements comes far more engaging practice sessions as drivers will need to complete programs and goals for the Free Practice sessions which are vital for the team's Research and Development program.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...earch-alias=videogames&field-keywords=f1+2016
F1 2016 is available for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4 here

Do you own F1 2016? What are your impressions so far? Let us know!

Andy Jackson I could screenshot the exact same footage in f1 2015 and you wouldn't even tell the difference, for example following/observing other cars on the track is the same in f1 2015 ... i really dont see whats new on that front? "Watching other cars on their practice laps from TV cams and heli cams is just what I wanted"

Graphics are the same in 2015 (animation, driver models), what part makes you say these are "huge" improvements?

I really don t get how you can overlook the huge input delay ...

Last edited:
I spent a couple of hours playing disevening.
It is alot better than the last afew games
I love the new damage model and the start sequence is great.
The only thing thats lets it down is no press interviews and theres no way to change or edit career helmets.
There is some nice features in the game.
You can now use beep for upshift.
Overall it is enoyable, good job codemaster.

The hud adaptor is supported and all buttons are mappable.
My v2 pedal work fine stand alone aswell.

Thanks for letting me know, looks like I had better check the bank balance and get this brought.

Jason.

Does anyone know how to set the driving view to cockpit? I have it set in the camera setting it says cockpit but in pit lane its in correct view but as soon as I take control of the car it goes to like a TV camera view. I dont get it??

Also is there anyway to bypass all the pre crap and just get on track..lol

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Thing is, the gray market resellers are... gray. There is actually no guarantee that the code won't be revoked and banned from the publisher. Ubisoft had a trip banning loads of Far Cry 4 keys bought at G2A, over 7000 Sniper Elite 3 keys was revoked after they were proven stolen, and then re-sold on gray market sites.
There are many situations where the keys are obtained through use of a stolen credit card, where the money are paid back to the credit card owner, however the games are already bought, re-sold and activated.

An actual example is the developer TinyBuild, quite small indie-dev, turned indie-publisher, who have had some surpisingly good games, and viral hit-games like Speedrunners, Lovely Planet, Party Hard and No Time To Explain (both as devs and publishers). They set up an own store on their site, so the most loyal fans was able to get a little discount compared to e.g Steam, have fun, creative giveaways etc. The whole shop broke down after a short time, when they got thousands of chargebacks, their payment provider shut them down due to this, and just few days later they found thousands of keys for sale on gray market sites for low prices.
TinyBuild decided to try to figure out how big this market really was, so they talked with G2A about partnering, and got some numbers, it turned out for Speedrunners, Party Hard and Punch Club had sold keys for just under 200'000 USD, which would've retailed for 450'000 USD from TinyBuild. It's often supporting the black market and is a good way to do some money laundering.

Yes, I know it's OT - but again, there is no guarantee that keys you buy from sellers that are not officially authorized resellers will stay active.

Last edited:
Bought F1 2016 for PC, I'm really enjoying it, buy I have a problem in career mod: my surname is flagged as offensive, (it does have a bad word within, but c'mon, it's my surname). I'd like to start the career with my real name, can I do something about it?

Go to the codies forum there is a topic for it
seems there was patch for it did it help?

Happy to read the positive reactions !! byuing it asap
how is the multiplayer ?

Last edited:
Just finished my second race of my Renault career pulled a 9th out the bag with a strategy switch mid race, I was well chuffed!

Best F1 game codies have done, in fact the best F1 game I have played. It is not the best F1 simulation in terms of feedback but in every other respect from the whole race weekend to the R&D elements to the tyre and fuel management it is totally engrossing. Can't wait to get to the next race at China.

Probably one of the best driving 'Games' I have played. Also I think the graphics are quite a improvement over 2015, Bahrain looked lovely in the evening.

Andy Jackson I could screenshot the exact same footage in f1 2015 and you wouldn't even tell the difference, for example following/observing other cars on the track is the same in f1 2015 ... i really dont see whats new on that front? "Watching other cars on their practice laps from TV cams and heli cams is just what I wanted"

Graphics are the same in 2015 (animation, driver models), what part makes you say these are "huge" improvements?

I really don t get how you can overlook the huge input delay ...

If you say so, but to me its vastly different. My F1 2015 would only allow in car, Tcam and rear of car views in monitor. Each to their own and I disagree with you totally about the differences I mentioned. Oh and I have no perceivable input lag at all.:rolleyes: Get a refund if you don't like it.

Last edited:
Only done 1 career race so far (50%), AI might need some improvements. Perez had some problems after a few laps which slowed him down quite a bit, yet the other AI cars just didn't manage to get past, despite DRS. Train of 8 cars or so, one might have thought Trulli had made a comeback.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back