F1 2016 Codemasters F1 2016 Released

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
F1-2016.jpg
Featuring all the official drivers, teams and tracks from the 2016 Formula One season, the release day for Codemasters latest Formula One iteration is finally here.

Making it's return to the series is the Safety Car, along with the newly implemented Virtual Safety Car (VSC) and a host of new and improved features such as manual starts and formation laps. Players will be able to create their own character, personalise their own helmet and choose a racing number for their career.

F1 2016 is the official video game of the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ and features the full 2016 season calendar of 21 tracks, including the brand new Baku circuit in Azerbaijan, and the full roster of 22 drivers and 11 teams, including the new Haas F1 Team.

Many fans believe this to be the true successor to the original F1 2010 game with a greater focus on "Living the Life", as players will have to deal with media commitments, driver contracts and emails. In addition to these welcome improvements comes far more engaging practice sessions as drivers will need to complete programs and goals for the Free Practice sessions which are vital for the team's Research and Development program.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...earch-alias=videogames&field-keywords=f1+2016
F1 2016 is available for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4 here

Do you own F1 2016? What are your impressions so far? Let us know!

Is there a mod to get rid of the announcers (Croft & Davidson, I think)? Every time I hear them, I think of puppet corporate stooges and media filler that reeks of cow dung. If a mod exists, I will go PC much sooner.
Can't not say anything. Sorry. Cow dung?Whilst I agree to a certain extent with Crofty I cannot agree with Davidson. He's a full on racing driver in sports cars and has raced in F1. The guys I used to race with say that back in the day he was quicker than Jenson in karts. He has the skills and know how to comment on motorsport and is definitely an asset to the Sky Sports F1 team.

Whether you like them or not, for me at least, (I don't want to speak for others on here), it's that little more authentic to have them opine on the show as it unfolds in the game as well as on the telebox

OK, now I have been trying it for two hours solid I can give my opinion and first thoughts.
Someone earlier stated that it is the same as F1 2015, with the same problems and the same graphics. I am beginning to think that they are lying, haven't got it or are playing it on a mobile phone. :rolleyes:

I have owned every F1 game that has ever been produced. Geoff Crammonds F1 GP4 was my favourite. This is now.
F1 2013 was my previous Codemasters best pick and then F1 2015 was enjoyable for me for the odd pick up and play option. But so far this is superb. Without a shadow of doubt this is in another league. I have only done a few quick races so far at Silverstone and Russia and both were brilliant. The AI gives great racing so far. The whole atmosphere is ace. The build up is great and the monitor is much better when you are sitting in your garage.

20160819190926_1_zpspusceocm.jpg

20160819191049_1_zpsxoowaicd.jpg

20160819191615_1_zps8z9hgkhb.jpg

Watching other cars on their practice laps from TV cams and heli cams is just what I wanted.
The formation lap adds some more immersion too.
The FFB is OK for what this game is (a F1 RPG fun race career game) and the sounds are fine by me and sound just like they do on TV.
The replays are the best ever too for a Codemasters F1 game.

20160819192042_1_zpst7f1ktoz.jpg

20160819191808_1_zpsv0o8etf6.jpg

20160819192038_1_zpshtifqpes.jpg

The graphics are also much better previous releases and I am running with everything on high at 1080p and I am getting 80-110 fps on my lowly GTX770 and overclocked i5 4670k cpu. Single 27" wide monitor (never been bothered about triples).
Also my T500 with F1 wheels works flawlessly and I can map as many buttons as I like. Love it.

Now to start my career and have some pure offline race fun. Best £26.99 I ever spent on CD Keys.com

Bought F1 2016 for PC, I'm really enjoying it, buy I have a problem in career mod: my surname is flagged as offensive, (it does have a bad word within, but c'mon, it's my surname). I'd like to start the career with my real name, can I do something about it?

Thanks David for confirming my career question, and Andy for the screenshots. The ability to watch other drivers do their thing while you are in the garage is something I've really missed in Codemaster titles so far. The interface looks clean and professional, and gameplay-wise it seems to offer just the right things.

It does seem like the Dirt:Rally approach to F1 this year.

im DLing it now, but based on everything ive seen & read, i disagree w/ the DR comparison. i think they really went all-out on making an immersive F1 experience, which is what i think the F1 series has been all about...massive revisions to ffb & handling don't seem to have transpired. hopefully, now that theyve got the race emulation pretty well sorted, that'll be high priority for next release.

Easily the best F1 game in the Codies line so far. Enjoying it very much at the moment. I hope it does well and the improvements keep coming for next year.
Would still like to see proper TV style graphics or even a representation of it if licensing is an issue.
I hate the fact the engine volume drops when the engineer speaks and also the fact he keeps on telling me that there's no rain predicted when there's not a cloud in the sky. I can guess that for myself thanks, no need to repeat yourself every 5 minutes.
I've not noticed the AI take any sort of defensive lines, which is a shame, but they fight pretty well.
Other than that, no other complaints at the moment. Hopefully extended play won't reveal any major issues.

I was wishing Codies would lose the license a couple of years ago, this year I feel the exact opposite. I hope they can refine the game further for next year. Definitely a giant step in the right direction.

I got a puncture for extending soft tyre stint for 5 more laps than recommended, just like vettel did irl:roflmao:. 10/10 realistic pirellis.

I agree with what most people said, this is a solid f1 game with a great balance between sim and arcade handling model, also career mode is a lot of fun with team development and RPG aspects in it. Haven't run into any bug or issue with 7 hrs on record by the time I post this.

Anyone using a Fanatec V2 wheel with the universal hub rather than the F1 rim and if so was it recognised by this game.

I see others have mentioned that stand alone V3 pedals work ok so got my fingers crossed for my wheel as well.

Thanks

Jason.

I've not had as much fun with an F1 game in quite a while I must say. I did three weekends in career mode on legend AI in the Renault and all have been very entertaining. AI are decent, could be a little bit more aggressive sometimes, but the handling model is actually very decent. Loving the graphics as well. All in all combined with everything going on besides the racing it's a 9/10 game for me.

I spent a couple of hours playing disevening.
It is alot better than the last afew games
I love the new damage model and the start sequence is great.
The only thing thats lets it down is no press interviews and theres no way to change or edit career helmets.
There is some nice features in the game.
You can now use beep for upshift.
Overall it is enoyable, good job codemaster.

Anyone using a Fanatec V2 wheel with the universal hub rather than the F1 rim and if so was it recognised by this game.

I see others have mentioned that stand alone V3 pedals work ok so got my fingers crossed for my wheel as well.

Thanks

Jason.

The hud adaptor is supported and all buttons are mappable.
My v2 pedal work fine stand alone aswell.

#Nostalgia @Bram
The best soundtrack to ever come out of a racing game :)

This song - to me - is F1. In 2010 I can remember coming home from school and chomping at the bit to play it. Since then I've fallen out of love with the the Codemasters F1 games. 2012 was good, but it didn't have the same atmosphere that 2010 was able to produce. I'm so happy to say though, F1 2016 has recaptured that atmosphere.

Took me a while, but I'm loving it :D

Last edited:
Can't not say anything. Sorry. Cow dung?Whilst I agree to a certain extent with Crofty I cannot agree with Davidson. He's a full on racing driver in sports cars and has raced in F1. The guys I used to race with say that back in the day he was quicker than Jenson in karts. He has the skills and know how to comment on motorsport and is definitely an asset to the Sky Sports F1 team.

Whether you like them or not, for me at least, (I don't want to speak for others on here), it's that little more authentic to have them opine on the show as it unfolds in the game as well as on the telebox

I was half kidding. But they are sooo bland. (I realize it may not be that bad outside the game, but it's all just pap in the game). I guess I could turn off the sound. lol. I much prefer Hobbs (as well rounded as a driver as you will get, funny too) and Matchett (Benetton mechanic '90-98, and Ferrari after that) since they are not afraid to let the powers that be have it. I have no doubt Davidson is talented. That does not qualify him for the booth, though.

I do like the frills that F1 has brought this year. The commentary does add flavor, but 2016 is, to me, the opposite of "death by 1000 cuts" since it's more like "massive improvement by 1000 right decisions." You can pick the weather, and even speed it up (like pCARS) and make it change to your whims (once) in each session. You have a semblance of a clutch start. You have the safety car back. There is tire allocation and much more intricate race day management (all F1 really is, actually). Sessions are much more customizable, including time of day and expanded length options. VSC. Completely adjustable FOV, look-to-apex, and shake to really immerse visually. Tuning options that are not SIM yet but a step in that direction. Handling that still lacks depth and road feel, but again is a small step in the right direction. (that lag needs to go). In game online league management. A first as far as I know, at least on console. NASCAR tried to do it but failed. Graphics still tear and it's no DiRT Rally, but it's much much better than that blurry mess that was 2015. I'd say they have a very good starting point now. If only they could add serious telemetry and decent physics, it would be a home run. Still enjoyable IMO. (And this is all on console).

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years