F1 2016 Codemasters F1 2016 Released

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
F1-2016.jpg
Featuring all the official drivers, teams and tracks from the 2016 Formula One season, the release day for Codemasters latest Formula One iteration is finally here.

Making it's return to the series is the Safety Car, along with the newly implemented Virtual Safety Car (VSC) and a host of new and improved features such as manual starts and formation laps. Players will be able to create their own character, personalise their own helmet and choose a racing number for their career.

F1 2016 is the official video game of the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ and features the full 2016 season calendar of 21 tracks, including the brand new Baku circuit in Azerbaijan, and the full roster of 22 drivers and 11 teams, including the new Haas F1 Team.

Many fans believe this to be the true successor to the original F1 2010 game with a greater focus on "Living the Life", as players will have to deal with media commitments, driver contracts and emails. In addition to these welcome improvements comes far more engaging practice sessions as drivers will need to complete programs and goals for the Free Practice sessions which are vital for the team's Research and Development program.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...earch-alias=videogames&field-keywords=f1+2016
F1 2016 is available for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4 here

Do you own F1 2016? What are your impressions so far? Let us know!

Appears from some videos you can see your own car in the mirrors. Small detail, but something I'm missing from a lot of openwheel sims. Tracks look very much unchanged though, mostly as I remember them from 2010 candidate...
I only checked out Spa so far and it looks different than in 2015. Maybe it's just the colors but it's definitely different.

Ok, i tested the game the past 2 hours on steam.
- physics and forcefeeback feel exactly the same as last year
- huge input lag, when steering the wheel in rl, wheel ingame reacts delayed by maybe 0.2 sec (only animation i guess)
- graphics same as last year (geforce 970 no problems on ultra)
- you can customize the camera aka change fov, hight, angle

... not much to say really, more of the same ... (i own 15 and 14)

Recording of my testing: https://www.twitch.tv/ionone/v/84511968 maybe it helps?

Last edited:
Just tested in ps4. Performance was ok, can't say it felt 60 fps that's for sure. Bit of stuttering on the title sequence made me feel a bit uncomfortable but game play was quite smooth. Some of the texture work needs attention. The boards behind the winners podium were all blurred and ghosting. Handling felt much looser that previous games. Felt more of a challenge and can I just say I love this new starting procedure. Well done on that.

Bought it and refunded after 30 minutes of gameplay. What a terrible piece of console clone. On the track the FFB is flat as a coin. Offtrack the FFB is strong. The graphics are not on par with nowadays high end PC graphics.
The ingame wheel has a delay on the real steering. Ah well...exactly what i expected. Hooray for Steam refund possibility.

It's a real resource hog. In Assetto Corsa I get around 115 FPS with a triple screen setup, GTX 970 SLI. But I'm only getting around 35 FPS with ultra settings in this game, and I'd argue it's a lot uglier. It's so jaggy and cartoonish. The lighting is nice, as well as a lot of the stuff off the track, but yeah...

The game is not finished, it has issues on a large variety of steering wheels.
My G27 is not recongnised by the game, also has issues with G920, some models from Fanatec even if this types of wheels are in the official list that Codemasters published.
I can`t play this game at the moment and i won`t play it until they patch the game.
Very dissapointed...:(

You have the latest Drivers from Logitech?

• Deleted member 130869

It's a real resource hog. In Assetto Corsa I get around 115 FPS with a triple screen setup, GTX 970 SLI. But I'm only getting around 35 FPS with ultra settings in this game, and I'd argue it's a lot uglier. It's so jaggy and cartoonish. The lighting is nice, as well as a lot of the stuff off the track, but yeah...

That tends to happen a lot with console-first development that gets ported to PC, with different optimization.

Looking forward to reading more reviews in about 2 weeks, when more things come to the surface and the usual first 60-minutes of good impression water down.

Oh and additional bonus - since some console guys already got it before official release (some stores released early), one man has worked with the new camera settings for OFFSET T-CAM to make it more realistic: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/44002/real-life-onboards-version-1 Maybe it will be useful for some :)
Moving T-cam is really great news. For me and I'm sure many others.
That dude in your link didn't quite nail it. Still too big FOV nad few other things, so I'm really looking forward to fiddle it by myself. :)
Thanks for the (great) news mate ! :thumbsup:

This looks like it will be the best of the F1 games so far. I'll buy it purely for my love of offline racing and F1 in general. I'll get it tonight when I get back from work and start my career with Haas. I'm not bothered about complicated engine management systems or setups, I just want to have some Formula 1 fun. And this hopefully will fit the bill quite nicely. Any one moaning about the simulation aspects might as well go to Assetto Corsa and hot lap in a Ferrari. This game is for fun.
:thumbsup:
Then you'll enjoy this one, Andy.I'm loving it so far. I just started last night with Haas. I enjoy the practice programs, it gives something to shoot for in practice. I think the AI are a little better than 2015 and that was a huge improvement over previous versions. Dudes will always complain about it not being a sim, but then most of them end up in the mod section asking for realistic T-Cam views to drive from. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back