• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Codemaster Fuel

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by darkelf1, Sep 11, 2017.

1. darkelf1

darkelf1

Ratings:
    +45
    Anyone still play this game? :DHuge freeroam map, also with a easy use ingame editor, you can make any length race, and customize weather condition, like rain snow tornado,:thumbsup:
    There's a record, the longest time stay in air, mine is 18s...:laugh:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

what a pity the online part is not that good,i really hope they can make a sequel, but...:cautious::thumbsdown:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

lol, jump from the cllif...:geek:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan

Ratings:
    +77
    It's actually a shame Fuel happened, as the developers, Asobo Studios (who nearly went bankrupt because of it) were working on this originally, which morphed into FUEL:

• Wow Wow x 1
  3. darkelf1

darkelf1

Ratings:
    +45
    Well i love it, many cool features never seen in other race games, the huge map is really astounding and beautiful, and with Refuel mod, i still play this game sometimes.:geek:

Although no Fuel 2, but The Crew 2 is coming, also love games like this.:D

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  4. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan

Ratings:
    +77
    Fun fact, according to their website, Asobo helped create The Crew and The Crew 2. Then again, many Ubisoft teams were involved, not just Ivory Tower. I think Reflections (Driver series) did some of the scenery in the first game too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +104
    Good fun fact! I did get Fuel, I was looking for a game that I could pick up, do a race, get some progress, etc. that I could play on a gamepad and walk away from if family needs dictated it. The map is a technological marvel. There were some things like fast travel and finding races that was annoying and ultimately kept me away. I moved onto Driver: SF which was fantastic! Then got the Crew for free as part of the Ubi anniversary program. I actually like the Crew A LOT. The map is cool, the challenges are pretty good and the cars handle like I want for a gamepad racer. I've turned off the online features mostly, which kind of defeats the original intent of the game.

Aside from the great map size, what is in there that sets it apart? The custom race maker, I guess?