1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Cockpit view shows view from left side window

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by rhs, Feb 18, 2015.

1. rhs

rhs

Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday evening I was not able to drive RRRE because the cockpit view was not showing the road in front of me, but showed the view from the left side window; in other words the cam was turned 90 degrees left... Anyone else had this and what to do about it?

2. Emilio

Emilio

Ratings:
    +451
    Looks like a mega glitch... never happened to me before.
    Did you fiddle with some settings in the cockpit_driver_view.xml file?
    Was it only one car or all the cars you own?

3. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium Race Ban

Ratings:
    +550
    Maybe your "look left" option in controller settings is mapped by mistake?

4. rhs

rhs

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies!

Emilio: No I did not figgle with the cockpit_driver_view.xml file settings ever :) and yes it happens to my other cars as well...
    Georg: I don't use the 'look left or look right' options so never mapped them myself; perhaps I must take a closer look at the map settings and clear them...

5. rhs

rhs

Ratings:
    +0
    Just deleted the mappings 'look left or look right' and that was the solution; cockpit view is good again now! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

6. Emilio

Emilio

Ratings:
    +451
    Try that one first and see if there's some kind of conflict in your settings (maybe 1st gear is assigned to look left :laugh:). If all looks fine there then try a Integrity check from Steam. If there's something wrong with your files them it should fix them

EDIT: Nevermind then! Just saw your latest post : good!