Cockpit View is Backwards!

Today I launched the game and when I load into any car at any track my cockpit camera if facing my seat. Absolutely nothing I do fixes it. Also, the Insert button doesn't toggle my views anymore. Something is totally broken. I played last night and did not have this issue. Any help is welcome.

The view isn’t looking back the way it does when you click look back. It’s literally looking at my seat.

Ah, sorry, I thought you meant looking back at your seat, but it's looking down? Back up your player file, then remove it and let the game generate a new folder with default settings to make sure it's not some setting you changed by accident. If that helps, you have a baseline to start comparing with.

Im years late butttt....

I have the same problem.. already tried binding a key to the look back function but it doesn't work. I can toggle my views tho but every view is just facing backwards, and I also dont have a cockpit view currently. I played yesterday and I dont have any issues like this, and it just happened to me today when I launched the game. Any fix?

The home key for me fixes it but also opens up the the game console and it doesn't go away even when i restart the game or restart content manager, does anyone know any fix to this? I'm not seeing any controls that are bound to the home key in ac settings or how the hell the camera got stuck in the first place. I already tried the "glance back" command in view tab and "look back" under neckfx in the patch tab but no luck.
Edit: well i fixed it, so apparently when you press glance left and right at the same time you actually glance back so if you have nothing bound to the glance left/right command you those buttons will always count as pressed so you will be always looking backwards, so just bind those buttons to something and the camera will be fixed :D

Last edited:
Very late to this post myself. Had the same issue with all of my cameras facing backwards and no cockpit view a couple times after installing new tracks and other mods, and for some reason abs was manually turned off with a popup notification at the start as well. Dosen't seem to be manually fixable via uninstalling or changing files. The strangely simple fix I found after hours of tinkering: Restarting my computer would fix it. My views went back to normal, and its like it never happened. Im guessing its just ac's spaghetti file structure interacting with windows. Hope this works for others.
Screenshot (2850)edit.png

Just had this issue on my Test desktop setup where i use KB and Mouse for basic crude testing and the Fix for me was giving key controls to all 4 View Options, Glance Left/Right/Black and Change camera. where as they were not assigned before.

The home key for me fixes it but also opens up the the game console and it doesn't go away even when i restart the game or restart content manager, does anyone know any fix to this? I'm not seeing any controls that are bound to the home key in ac settings or how the hell the camera got stuck in the first place. I already tried the "glance back" command in view tab and "look back" under neckfx in the patch tab but no luck.
Edit: well i fixed it, so apparently when you press glance left and right at the same time you actually glance back so if you have nothing bound to the glance left/right command you those buttons will always count as pressed so you will be always looking backwards, so just bind those buttons to something and the camera will be fixed :D
it works ! thx

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back