GRID Autosport Cockpit Cam (no blur) 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
siroja submitted a new resource:

Cockpit Cam(no blur) - removes the blur in the cockpit view

2149f14a3cc9501fe6f521a09d5e3740.jpg
de65125b6fb7a2fc6540deb291c3ec6e.jpg

Read more about this resource...

Great mod,

I was foolish enough to first mod all 82 cars myself, before checking this forum (took me almost 2 hours) and just noticed your mod :roflmao:

Great stuff :)

Games should evolve, not go backwards

Here are two more screenshots. The blur gets worse at higher speeds

Original:

original.jpg

Modded:

modded.jpg

What i just can't believe that for the PC there is a high texture pack and look at that mirror in the orginal headcam.

It just HURTS my eyes

50 euro with only 1 year dev and they dare produce a cockpit that shitty... this is by far the shittiest thing I have ever seen done in a car game (except the black lines for the cockpits in grand turismo). They are seriously shameless to ask for such a high price on such a low dev time with such a low quality product.

Thank you for this.
It's a real shame the devs did not put any more effort in making a proper inferior..
I still enjoy the game, maybe we will see some retextures over time...

Scott Tanner

3vil - Steam
50 euro with only 1 year dev and they dare produce a cockpit that shitty... this is by far the shittiest thing I have ever seen done in a car game (except the black lines for the cockpits in grand turismo). They are seriously shameless to ask for such a high price on such a low dev time with such a low quality product.
Yearly releases was why codies changed to Codemasters Racing, dropping all other game types to produce racing games quickly. Just waiting for F1 2014 official news next.

kelaroost

@Simberia
These xml camera files are editable but locating what folder is what car is a problem.
I tried extracting the texture so i can identify the car but it errors.

Siroya,

Great work, some questions

1. Are you planning on "unblurring" the dashboard cams too?
2. Not all cars have the same FOV / vieupoint in the dashboard view, for example the Mclaren P1 is too close to the wheel. Any plans on fixing this for all cars?
3. Do you have any ideas how to mod / increase the quality of the mirrors?

Yearly releases was why codies changed to Codemasters Racing, dropping all other game types to produce racing games quickly. Just waiting for F1 2014 official news next.

I have no problem with a yearly release from the F1 team of codie. I am talking about grid autosport, the shameless pos.

These xml camera files are editable but locating what folder is what car is a problem.
I tried extracting the texture so i can identify the car but it errors.
You can check what car the abbreviated subfolder means by checking the "bunddles" subsubfolder, for example the 35m has the file V6_nissan_350z_g3.bdl ;)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000