F1 2011 CM announces: No further patches on 2011

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
there goes any interest in playing it now ... what good is it a full race, only to have the pit crew give you worn tyres on lap 55

post-release development for F1 2011 patches etc has now been closed off as the team has switched its entire resource to future F1 titles.

Sometimes I'm wondering where did you find those bugs or I just have some superb copy of the game... GSC is great and the F1 car rules but it's not F1 actually. No long races, not tyres, no KERS... nothing. However I don't know how surprised are you as this was already known by 80% of the community in CM forums :)

what is the Race Only work-around ?
Doesn't choosing the same compound three times in a row trigger that bug?
As far as I know, on the third tyre change they give you an already used set. Using other compound is supposed to bypass this.
If you're doing race-only GPs then it's even easier, since you're free to choose the tyres for the race, regardless of your starting position.
To be honest, I've had that bug only once, when I had a flat tyre, so I had to come in early and change my strategy - I forgot about the bug and took primes third time in a row.

Doesn't choosing the same compound three times in a row trigger that bug?
no. it doesn't.

wrong bug.

the bug i have was created with patch 2. my strategy was correct: 2 stops - prime option prime. on pit stop 2, the crew had primes ready - i could see them being held by the pit crew [having done the 1st stop correctly], but fitted me with a worn set of options = race ruined, as the tyres forced me to do an extra stop.

this bug was created by patch 2. i'm not gonna waste an hour racing, only to get a set of worn tyres on stop 2. they just lost a paying customer next year

Will there be a third F1 title for 2012 by CM?[/quote]

I hope not.If that is the way that they threat their users and don't give a monkeys about any problems has a game that they released i think they shouldn't go any further,nobody will buy anymore or maybe a few.

I hope not.If that is the way that they threat their users and don't give a monkeys about any problems has a game that they released i think they shouldn't go any further,nobody will buy anymore or maybe a few.

That's a bit naive, isn't it? I suspect it'll sell just as well as the previous two titles did. It's not like F1 2010 didn't have it's issues.

I bought 2010, and 2011, was very happy with most of 2011 save for the bugs of course, and lack of AI speed........2012, nah......not buying any more until I see some long term reviews and bug reports first, game breakers in many respects, I have lost interest in my career which I was previously enjoying now, a shame indeed :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%