1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

CM announces: No further patches on 2011

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by MS7XWDC, Jan 6, 2012.

1. there goes any interest in playing it now ... what good is it a full race, only to have the pit crew give you worn tyres on lap 55

post-release development for F1 2011 patches etc has now been closed off as the team has switched its entire resource to future F1 titles.

2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

I thought that bug was fixed in patch 2?

3. No surprise at all.

4. nope. it only STARTED for me post patch 2

go figure

5. How hard is it to NOT use the same tyre compound three times in a row?

6. are you talking to me ?

i run GP Mode
    Race Only

7. Nobody really expected a third patch did they? Im just hoping that there will be a couple of F1 games to choose from in 2012. After all even though it was a bit buggy F1 2011 has set a pretty high standard. Now who mentioned rFactor2 or is that just a pipe dream?

8. So? Tyres degrade there too, don't they? And you DO sometimes do a three (or more) stop strategy?

9. Just being sarcastic, I do follow the forums, but it seems like an eternity already, Just hope that there are not too many bugs in the Betas .. otherwise the release date may coincide with F1 2013 .. only joking!!

10. i'm not sure what you are trying to say.

are you saying i should be using some work-around ?

or

CM needs to fix it ?

11. Since they won't fix it (even though it was supposed to be fixed in the last patch...) then you have choice between using a workaround (a REALLY easy one) or pointlessly (because they won't fix it) whining on forums about that bug.
    You can do both of course, if you're into that.

12. F1 2011 patch 3 otherwise known as rFactor2.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Think the least they could have done was to fix the tyre bug that they introduced with the second patch!! These decisions just prove the point of people who complain about CM unfortunately.

14. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Will take a long time before you will see a proper F1 car in rFactor2. If you want an insta F1 car realistically handling: Game Stock Car for 29 dollars :)

Will there be a third F1 title for 2012 by CM?

15. Be a long time till you see a 'proper' F1 car in a Codemaster game too Bram.

Oh and yes I rekon CM will peddle another F1 game, the real question is have they destroyed their F1 fanbase. Once bitten, twice shy, three times a fool.

16. This is so dissapointing >.>
    Well i guess i will switch over Game Stock Car then.
    Is there good mods for F1 ?

17. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The F1 car is available as a free DLC

18. ML2166

ML2166
    If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?

Of course there will be another hackjobmasters F1 game.

Reason being, they have enough people mainly on there own forum who like being bent over, slipped a length and made to squeal like little piggies.

Shame really, 2010 was bad-ish, but moddable, 2011 was worse and un-moddable.

I await for the rfactor2 and GTR3 and Assetto Corsa and CARS to arrive.

This year for driving options, hackjobmasters has competition, F1 or not, and I belive we'll all be better off for it.

Back to me GSC.

:p

19. what is the Race Only work-around ?