1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ClubSport Shifter H-pattern

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Bogman, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Bogman

Premium Member

Hi all,
    I just bought the game and I'm trying to assign the gears to the ClubSport shifter but they remain unassigned. The sequential mode works, but I cannot assign each individual H-pattern gear. The shifter is a separate controller, plugged in directly via USB.

I did some searches, and it appears other people are having the same problem, but I haven't been able to pinpoint a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  2. use xpadder,assign gears to keyboard(ingame) but assign those buttons(from keyboard in xp) to your shifter.
    ignore this,cant be done that way,i tried
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  3. Jason Palmer

Jason Palmer
    Premium Member

There is an setting, once you have selected your shifter in the controls section of the options menu, that can be found under Profile and then Game Preferences where you can scroll through the different transmission models and you can then select H pattern as well as sequential.

Then go back to the controls section and you should be able to map the H pattern shifter to use in sim.

4. Bogman

Premium Member

Thank you both for the replies.

Jason - I tried exactly that. I can begin to map each gear and it seems to recognize the shifter, but as soon as I engage each gear, the controller remains unassigned. I will continue to try to figure this out - haven't had much time to deal with it in the last couple of days. Thanks for the feedback.
  5. esteady1

Premium Member

Same problem with Clubsports shifter connected via clubsports USB adapter. Sequential works fine. H-shifter, unassigned. If you find a fix, please post.
  6. Go to Profile/Game Preferences and select Manual + Clutch + Sequential as Transmission type.
    Restart the game, after that H gears should be assignable.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. esteady1

Premium Member

Thanks a lor. Finally got it working. Seems restarting the game was an important part of the sequence.
    Whole new game now, and it was already awesome
    • Like Like x 1
  8. That is not possible because the game forces me to assign those freaking controls... If I force close the game they put me to automatic by default again.
  9. Managed to get the h-shifter to map by putting on the stock TX rim.