Club racing event protocol?

Hey guys, I don't want to violate any club racing "ruLZ" so... what do I do?

I want to have a Tuesday Night - Semi Pro Race @ 6pm CST (18:00 hours or -6 GMT)
- GT Rules = qualifying grid order, standing start, no pit stop required!
- 10 minute practice - 10 minute qualify - 10 minute Race

The events would be consistent... but use a variety cars, tracks & mods every week.
Is this OK? If not just delete the thread...

EXAMPLES:

Race ON - Formula Masters (link info)
Laguna Seca (link info)

Race ON - Radical sr3 252 (link info)
Brno (link info)

GTR EVO - Mustang SE Cup (link info)
Laguna Seca (track link)

ETC...

Perhaps we all need to take a step back here and have a good look at the discussion without getting to upset.
Here are my points:
Race 07 is a sim. If you want to get anywhere in it then you would need to drive it as a sim. Driving it with aids will not help you at all. Cause after a while your driving style will depend on those aids. When you do one day decide to move to no aids, you will basically need to learn the sim from scratch, as the cars will feel and behave different. Most "goofballs" here do it for fun and will never judge you on learning to drive with pro settings. So dont worry about taking that step up, as we all did it. Fine, you might not be the fastest, but its not the end of the world, as long as you keep it clean and enjoy yourself. You will get used to "pro" and you will get faster. The aids mostly just make you slower in the long run.
Should RD do semi pro racing? I think not. Cause its not realistic and it would make things to easy (not being sarcastic, seriously)
Racing is about pushing yourself and your car to the limits. Now go out there and push yourself to the limit, you will be pleasantly surprised :)

I believe I have been very civil in this whole thread... The OP said he wanted to run some semi-pro races. He was told RD doesn't do them, but he's welcome to race pro with them. I wanted to make sure he knew that there are others in the RACE 07 community who do race no-pro.

...I think debating the pros and cons of the game are good for everyone involved. There's no need to take it personally.

Hi guys - I have been away due to family stuff...
- I have to say... I can understand & agree with all of you on this subject!

Here's what I have taken away from this discussion & my participation on RD servers:

RD runs their servers on PRO & does not run SEMI-PRO servers.
- there are other forums that would allow me to run that kind of event.

From my experience here, I am doing OK when running PRO settings in RD events.
- everyone I have raced with so far has been very cool w/ a slow new guy running @ PRO.

I just have to remember that PRO is like driving on snow for me right now! :redface:
- I will improve @ PRO and that is my ultimate goal anyway...

I'm looking forward to more fun @ RD :wink:
- when I get the urge, I will go elsewhere for a different style of racing!

Troy - I hope this doesn't deter you from keeping on with the Muscle Club events...

No way Eric, I am pretty easy going & it WAS a lot of fun trying to stay ahead of you! :mad:

Troy - As you said, like driving on snow at first - and I think thats why the majority choose to use the PRO level. It not about looking down on people, or thinking were better. Someone touched on how you get used to Novice or Semi-Pro.

If you don't immediately get this from my words then try it - Race a few Races on Semi-Pro or Novice - but switch your aids to OFF, Then using the same car same track and same setup do the same on PRO - the Aids are all off, yet it still feels like your on snow. Why? Because the grip and handling levels are nearer to 'real life' at the PRO setting.

Success in racing is not just about speed its about consistent speed, for that to come you need a consistent setup, to then switch the Grip and Handling Characteristics of the Cars AND Tracks by switching between Novice, Semi-Pro and Pro is making life more difficult for yourself.

Make life a little easier - Stick it in Pro and Leave it there is my non-looking down, non-elitist, honest opinion.

Finally, to SLASH - Join the club it costs nothing, you will be welcomed, no one here is out to look down on you mate and I guarantee you won't ever regret becoming part of the RD Racing Club.

Thanks, Dave. But everyone is entitled to their opinion of a game they paid for, and I find the semi-pro setting more to my liking.

I have my own little group (club) and we have a good time racing anything at whatever level we choose. I wish y'all the best and have fun racing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%