1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Club Race 07 - Mini Cooper Night @ Puebla Special - Friday 12th September 2008

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Simon Trendell, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Class: Mini Cooper Cooper S
    Track: Puebla Special
    Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualification: 19:30 GMT
    Race: 20:00 GMT (1 x 60 minutes)
    Password: click here
    Weather: Changeable​

Cutting Notice
    You may use the kerbs and run off areas up to the grass, but no wheels must mount the grass.

1. Patrick Duivelaar
    2. Garry Pullen [Skin]
    3. Neil Gault
    4. Michael Herrmann
    5. Lee Downham [Skin]
    6. Chris Noble
    7. Mike Jaanus
    8. Laurance Lemon
    9. David Lemon
    10. Nigel Atkins [Skin]
    11. Carlos Moutinho
    12. Marcel vd Aa
    13. Yves Larose
    14. Thomas Lee
    15. Keith Peppiatt
    16. Neil Farren
    17. Daniel Plaikner [Skin]
    18. Nico Major
    19. Ben Tusting
    20. Robert Crone
    21. Geofredo Rosario
    22. Yassen Pavlov
    23. Jamie Wilson
    24. Gary Lennon
    25. CNR668
  2. Sign me up please
  3. Gaz

Xbox: CrazyGaz76 Premium Member

Attached Files:

4. another new track to learn and it looks like a fun one so stick my name down also plz
  5. sign me up, at least i have a working setup for puebla
  6. Where is it??? ;)

Never been here but that is the case for most tracks with me so ...
    Sign me up please ...
    And I think I will take the ... Lister ... oh no, I mean the mini ... :wink:

My skin downloadable here: Bear Mini
  7. Sign me up please :)
  8. Dietmar

Premium Member

Please sign me up :thumb:

One night to learn a new track...
  9. argh y not sign me up too
  10. sign me up please.
  11. I'm in too, please
  12. Sign me up , please .
  13. Dietmar

Premium Member

sorry for the confusion, but please take me off

(just had a look at the track, no way that I get competitive on time :()
  14. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Pls sign me up

Note: this will be my first online race ever, so i probably will not qualify .
    This way i can start at the back of the grid where i can drive my own pace without being in your way too much.

2 questions though:
    - how much use of those curbstones is allowed?
    - what would be a decent fuel load/ pit strategy for such a race.

See you out there....Marcel
  15. Two wheels on the correct side of the white line is the general rule unless specified otherwise.
    If your unsure about strategy do what I do, fill the tank and see how far you can go.
    Someone who's done a Mini endurance before will be able to give you a more concrete answer.
  16. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

sign me up.... forget that i'll do it myself :pound:
  17. Hey Marcel,

Only done 4 of these now, which is actually about 90% of my online racing career at RD :lol:, so am by no means an expert but from what I have learnt ...

Seems like a mixed bag on the fuel front ... winners have mainly tended to go with a no-pitstop strategy in last couple of weeks, but then its been dry the whole race in the last 3 events ...

Which reminds me ... @Admins: Is this a "changeable weather" event like previous ones, title does not say??

Damages to your car from collisions etc can mess up your non-stop strategy, as can tyre wear - the track seems fairly slippery (ie not harsh tyre wearing shell-grip kinda stuff), but with all the speed and direction changes it might be quite hard on tyres???
    Never been there before, so don't actually know ...

RE: kerbs ... this track seems a bit special to me ... never seen kerbing like it, and the in-game AI uses more kerb than tarmac :shocked:
    Not had any "cutting warnings" by following their lines in an offline practice/warmup I did earlier tonight, so maybe you just have to stay off the grass??

Guess the best idea is to wait for tomorrow and see what "the norm" is with everyone, but I would guess its gonna be using lots of kerbing from the looks of Puebla ... if you get it wrong in the race, you will get a stop and go, so you'll know!

Looking forward to it, the minis have been a good introduction to online racing for me, they bring good close racing, and allow a bit more time than other classes to think about technique, etc (not that I have any of that :becky:) ...

Hope this helps ... :thumb:
  18. please sign me up
  19. Event updated, specified changeable weather. Wouldn't be as fun without.

The cutting at this track I will clarify tomorrow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.