1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Club Event 17/6: VGT

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Richard Coleman, Jun 8, 2014.

1. CLUB EVENT: VGT Race Cars

I will be hosting the event so you will need to add me on the PSN: devilracer1987

Standard RD rules apply: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rules.10978/
    Date: 17/6/2014
    Time: 7.30pm GMT

Cars eligible:
    Mitsubishi VGT
    Mercedes-Benz VGT Race Version
    Volkswagon VGT (Depending on when it is released. This will get updated 2 days before event)

PP Limit: 610
    Tyres: RH, Wets (No other tyres will be used)
    Tuning: Gearing to be set at no more than 300km/h as the BMW can do no more than that.

Track: Apricot Hill
    Race 1: 10 Laps, Dry weather RH (Racing Hards) only to be used, 8.30am Indame start time.
    Race 2: 10 Laps, Wet weather, FW (Full Wets) only to be used, 9am in game start time.

Boost: Off
    Penalties: None
    Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
    Grip Reduction: Real
    Pit Stops: No Mandatory Stops
    Damage: Visual Only

SRF: Off
    Active Steering: Off
    ASM: Off
    Driving Line: Allowed
    TCS: Off
    ABS: 1

There is the Event details. Granted a bit more than normal there but I just copied that was written on the server setup screen :D

If there is anything you are unsure of please ask. I'll clarify anything you want needed.

This event will be pretty even I'm guessins. I had mixed results with the cars in testing today. There were some interesting surprises... Especially in the wet test. All cars were within .5 of a second in the dry and even closer in the wet over a 5 lap time trial. I know what car I'll be turning up in, do you?

Disclaimer: All cars were trialled at 620pp (617 for the Mitsubishi with oil change) to hit these numbers with the BMW its a oil change. with the Mercedes I tried both extra weight and less power. No real differences there to be honest. Both variants were within .050 of each other over the 5 laps. the less power was slightly faster than the extra weight.

I'm uploading some more pics to my mediafire account tonight so I'll add a pic for this thread as well :D

Edited: 9/6/2014 @ 8pm NZT

Particiating Drivers:
    1- Richard Coleman
    2- Rui F. Martins
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

i really like the bmw vision gt, i hope there is a rece with it :rolleyes:
  3. All VGT cars will be eligible. Im doing performance testing today. Dont know why I said Id update the post tonight. Update within 24 hours more likely. BMW VGT is more restricted than the other 2 currently released VGT cars. So Ill work on them all to bring them in line.
  4. First Post Updated :D
  5. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

i'm totally in, with the beemer :D
  6. Thought you would be :p

Black or white there Rui?
  7. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

white ;)
  8. Alrighty. Ill use my black beauty then... (could be either my Mitsi or BMW VGT cars) ;)
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

@Richard Coleman, i'm sorry but i will have to withdraw from the event, i'm a bit behind schedule on a work i have to deliver next week so i really need to get working on that, sorry about that :(
  10. No worries Rui. Ive been sick as for the last few days and anything gets on my nerves atm. So its yet to be held.

With the inclusion of the VW VGT in the 1.09 update the PP value above will change. This event will not be the week after the stated day. Same time. I know what car Im using now :)

Also a side note. The next club event after this one you will need $2million. As itll be using the Audi R18 TDI and the new Toyota TS-030. You have been warned (this is also something Im thinking about for a league here at RD).
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

say what? did i read "new toyota ts-030"??? :confused:

EDIT: yes, i have read it corre tly, i hadn't yet checked the update descirption :D
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  12. PP has been changed.

So far it looks like just 2 people. Anyone else wanting to have fun in VGT cars?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Sure. Just ask before creating.

But from what Im seeing GT6 here is dying. Club Events have struggled to get more than 5 people turning up.

Also Ill look at re hashing the RX-7TC and Cape Ring combo in the very near future.
  14. I might be able to participate but I will know for sure the same day.
  15. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

guys, i'm very sorry but i won't be able to race tomorow, i must have eaten something bad and i'm with some "Range" problems, when i'm worst i can't go more that 15/20 minutes without a "pitstop", i'm very sorry guys, but i'm too bad for racing :(
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  16. Could I organise I club event in the LCC Rockets
    • Like Like x 1
  17. I will probably not be able to attend either as my country plays against Cote d"Ivoire for the world cup and I will be out watching it. Not that have any hopes though...:(
  18. Alright guys. Since the attendance will only be 2 drivers Im cancelling this event. Andrew can run his LCC Rocket race next week. If attendance is up then the TS030 v R18 TDI will go ahead the week after. So yeah.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I will definitely be there for the LM race if organised. I hope there will be enough participants and we can organise an endurance in Le Mans like we did at Bathurst, which was simply awesome! :inlove:
    • Agree Agree x 1