Clo and Malaysia updates on FB

To me, the sollution is freaking simple. Release all tracks and cars present now, as seperate components, without any updates. Preferebly, do this when a new general update (new build) is released.

Do not release an updater, but release the full installer for the build only. This forces everyone to do a fresh install.
Then supply all the components, and you have your benefits indeed.Everyone can choose what to install.....

You are right there Marco, that's a freakin good idea!

Although the thing is we don't know how far they are with updating the components.
As I can remember I have seen the updated Nissan long time ago in a Video.

I believe they are not doing what you suggested now cuz they want to have something in place with the engine itself before the summer, because in summer the actual online paying period starts. (I am thinking there of some features like spray, proper real road, tire model and so on...)

This are just my thoughts of course ;). I have the tiny feeling we are not far away from all that also because they are nearly ready with the demo.

However your idea is superb, I hope they'll do it like that.

I do not want updates on the components. Just release them as they are now, but seperate from other content. Thats all.

That way, you can release component updates per component, once you are done with one.

It's not that hard, but ISI somehow has it's own mindset for certain things, and they hardly ever listen to the public :p

Online "paying" period??

Hey justin, he is referring to the people who bought the game right from the beginning. Those people got free online possibilities, that ands in june. After that people can buy online service per year or a lifetime online service. mine ends in june also, have to decide which service i prefer. I will probably go for lifetime, i expect this sim to be around for a long time.

Lol ISI has actually outdone themselves which is something I thought was impossible. What a convoluted joke of a sadistic Easter present. What's even more funny is people going to the forum for help are getting lectured about how many times the answers have been posted in the 8 pages of confusion. So there's your Easter egg. Try to find the answer in 8 pages of confusing mess. And after all that no one updates the original post with instructions. You would think someone would at least link to the answer but no. Much more fun to watch people search and beg. Lol.

It's a complete mess, it's a complete joke, no wonder people are turning away from RF2 when they have to deal with this patheticness. Its like ISI dont use their brain when they need too, if they just sat down and discussed the best way to deal with component releases then they would see what an awful way this is...but no...get it out there for a meaningless holiday period and let everyone sort it out for themselves! yeah thanks!

I totally agree, this last release was a joke. My rF2 is so messed up it's not that I cannot figure it out, I just don;t see why I should.

To me it was clear from the first time that the new rF2 mod system was announced that it was going to be an absolute nightmare to have the mods and tracks joined. It made no sense then and it makes even less sense now since they have decided to unbind them. If they read my very first post on the matter, where I forecast exactly the small nightmares we have all been going through, they would have saved a lot of grief not only to us, but to them as well. I know from experience it's not easy to program a relational database and then decide to redesign the whole monstrosity.

I am going to wait until they release a decent built where these issues are a thing of the past. In the meantime, I'll drive GSC and Ftruck from reiza,.

I can understand that during the period they change to individual components it's a bit tricky for a lot who don't read their forums, and they could improve on it with the idea that Marco made and communicate a bit more how to install things. But when they are all individual components, I can only see benefits from it. (can't find your post mr. Conti, so not aware of the problems you expect from this system)

This is my first online experience, and it always works for me. It's click and play, if it does not work they tell you what is missing.
On Rfactor 1 I was never ever able to figure it out how to go online with all the different mods and gave up on it. You had to be an expert of Rfactor to let every mod to work probably or to even find them. That was the reason for me to never play Rfactor1 again, I was always trying to get mods working, instead of driving them.

I'm no expert and there are probably some problems I'm not aware of, but I think it's a good system for me as a noob and I would be very dissapointed if they would change the basic idea of this system.

I can understand that during the period they change to individual components it's a bit tricky for a lot who don't read their forums, and they could improve on it with the idea that Marco made and communicate a bit more how to install things. But when they are all individual components, I can only see benefits from it. (can't find your post mr. Conti, so not aware of the problems you expect from this system)

You could not find my post because it's not here on RD. ZIt's either on the rFactor Foruym or on NoGrip. Might even be on the iRacing forum, it has been a long time.

Back then the issue I saw had to do primarily with Single Player play, not with online. In fact, I recall praising the attempt to make online synchronization more efficient, but my argument was that in SP mode it was a nightmare that either prevented users from running a given car on a given track or variation thereof, or forced the single player to play in "All cars and tracks" mode.
I would have been OK having to do the "all cars and tracks" except for the fact that back then in the ISI mods played in "all cars and tracks" the windscreen was so opaque that it was very hard to see through it, while using the same car in a pre-packaged mod had no such issue.

I think they fixed that particular problem, but it's clear that playing in "All cars and tracks" can introduce changes in the way the game works.

in fact, just yesterday I noticed that my rFactor in "ACAT" mode displayed very washed out colors, with grey wheels and generally very poor graphics, while in Online mode that issue is not present.

At the time I also made another observation that I continue to repeat now and then, which is that the online mod system is a nice start, but why not add a simple text (or better, HTML or Json, etc.) area in the online server to introduce the server to the community, give links to the eventiual missing mods and tracks, maybe put a link to their Forum and a short explanation of the ground rules in game.

I find that even more useful than the current modding system, meaning that if I had a choice between what we have now in Multiplayer and the ability to even just follow a link to a download page, I'll take the latter. Both would be good too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 324 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%