rF2 Clio Cup @ Vitus Parc (Club) - Tue Aug 3rd 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Not much to review for me. :D

Race 1. Got pole by suprise.
Kept it in T1. And then Ryan and Adam collided and went in the wall. Pulled away from P2 to 8 seconds and kept it there. :)

Race 2: Got 3th in Q. Followed the first laps nicely Ryan and Adam. Then Adam blew his engine and a couple of laps later Ryan lost control and went in the wall again. So again my main competitors where gone so took the car home to P1 again. :)

Thanks for racing guys. Cya next week. :)

Rubbish night for me. Lost an hours worth of practice which wasn't my fault so could of been a lot quicker than I was.

Q1: Kept making mistakes and was 6th.

R1: Made a great start and darted in between a couple of cars. Was up to third after the big accident on the first lap. Screwed up the final chicane and got suspension damage on the 4th lap and it cost me 3rd. Finished 4th.

Q2: Was better than Q1 but I could of gone quicker.

R2: Made a good start and was running behind Ivo in 3rd until I got a bit of a slide on in the esses and went into the wall. Wrecked the suspension and lost the front spoiler. Damaged the front left tyre a lot as well. Was running fourth and had a good battle with Amir until he span off. Then with a couple of laps to go I spun in the esses again lost another place and finished 5th. Should of been much better.

Thanks Ivo, and RD.

On the contrary I can't complain either about the result or race itself.

Q1: Surprisingly got P5 despite running with race fuel (with was proven not to be such a disadvantage by Adam & Ryo later in Q2 :]), not to mention my lack of time attacking abilities. Happiness mixed with stress - I'd rather start 20th and finish 10th than start 5th and finish 20th.

R1: Oh. My. God. Managed to get to P4 after first sector of L1, then suddenly Ryo just "grabbed" Adam and wrestled him into a wall. I was in P2 and the pressure just jumped on me out of nowhere (since it's way over my usual position) - which resulted in a few sweat-inducing situations. I praised FWD for the first time, since I wouldn't be able to recover from them in an RWD car. Avi El behind me at first seemed to be slower, but quickly started to gain on me and finally sat right on my rear bumper. Unfortunately for him he messed up the esses and suddenly I was kinda free. Lee wasn't closing in, I couldn't dream of catching Ivo. Managed to get home my first podium finish here at RD.

Q2: bussiness as usual, way slower in Q.

R2: started from 8th. was already 6th on L1. Lee was clearly way better matched with me this time around, we got some nice action on laps 3 & 4 (sorry for quite aggresive overtaking at the last corner; let's call it evening out for rough last corner at Donni few weeks ago. ;) Wasn't fully intentional.). This time Lee was close and wasn't going anywhere, so I basically had to put on my best defensive lines and just shout loud and clearly in my head "DO NOT LET HIM PASS!". We got head to head a few times, but luckily for me I was able to endure this "trial by pressure". Priceless lesson :).

On our way we saw both Adams crashing out, Ryo losing control of his Clio (damn, this one was close. Gave hell of a scare, I was petrified at the very thought of a puncture.).

And: 2 P2s! I can die happy now :D

Thanks to all who raced, Ivo for setting up the event and Lee for giving me a huge challenge. See you next time :)

Brill night tonight. Had okayish pace. Couldn't touch the top 3 guys but was in the 20's which pleased me. Qual 1 I had an apauling few laps. Finished 8th? Had on okay start. Managed to get past (Amir?) Off the line. Don't really remember much untill I was behind Adam. Had trouble with the car when close to him with it sldiing more than usual. Managed to get past when he went deep into the chicane. Managed to pull away and close in a on Lukasz and (Avi?) got closeish but nothing to write home about. When Avi made his mistake I inherited 3rd. Tried to close in on Lukasz but had poor tyres and kept making mistakes. Came home in 3rd.

Race two had a better quali. A low 21 for a time put me 5th on the grid behind the three guys with flexi front splitters :p and Adam. Had an okay start and was behind Adam again this time I was determined to get past earlier so to not have to suffer too much tyre issues. However in my haste I made a few mistakes and Lukasz and Amir got past. I then closed in on those two again when they were battling and had a slight move into the fast chicane where I tagged Amir (apologies for that I didn't realise i'd tagged you until I saw the replay after). Was now behind Lukasz again in 4th. Manage to close in a bit before a few laps later Ryan had an off and then gave Lukasz a bit of a shock when trying to recover. Lukasz got past and I got past Ryan without issue as he had a puncture / suspension issue (sparks and understeer was what I saw). Managed to close Lukasz in a bit and had a few chances (got past a few times but he got me back). Was really good racing. Enjoyed it all and got a double podium out of it.

Welldone to Ivo for two awesome drives for his wins. To Lukasz aswell for his first podium(s!).

Thanks to all who raced. Ivo for hosting this and RD :).

Q1-rubbish-P11 on a startgrid, way slower than my practice times.

R1-As for me good start, gained 3 positions after sector one, trying to catch up with Amir and did through over one lap, trying to overtake him and was hit by Abdul-I think (yellow-green car)-I spun. He didn't wait for me :mad:. I was the last running car on the track with broken suspention. Didn't achive finish lane-P10.:frown:

Q2-Excelent-P6 with personal best time, but still over 1,5 second worst than the fast guys-where do You find those times???.

R2- Dropped down two positions on the start, a bit of fight with Amir, my mistake, lost one position, overtake view guys who spun, great battle with Amir again, and lost positon to him, lots of minor mistakes, I hadn't got a enough pace. Short, but exciting battle with Can and another lost position. Catching up Can and I gained view position, when guys made their mistakes. Last laps I was trying to catch up Adam and I did (I think You had problems with Your Clio). Last to laps spent on the tail of Adam, wasn't able to overtake him. P6 on the finsh line, my best result on RD.:cool:

Thanks to Ivo, RD and everybody I've battled with.

Overlay of quali for race two: (I have no idea why my front bumper isn't showing)

wow that is close, similar lines aswell through out the track and I coudlnt see your front bumper either mate during qually. Sorry I blew my engine it was looking like a good race but I was struggling abit today in the first sector and under braking for the last corner.

Last laps I was trying to catch up Adam and I did (I think You had problems with Your Clio). Last to laps spent on the tail of Adam, wasn't able to overtake him.

Ye, I had a big off early on and had no front splitter, the suspension was damaged so I kept going left and the front right tyre was around 140-150 temperature wise because of the accident.

was hit by Abdul-I think (yellow-green car)-I spun. He didn't wait for me :mad:.

Abdul hit me as well on Lap 1. At the time I put it down to lag as he was behind me one second, then in front the next and I was flying off into the wall. However after watching him for most of the race, including his hit on you, I doubt it was an accident.

I also saw the same things happen in the second race, but I stayed well clear of him.

In race two I was "Michael Schumacher'ed".......

Quite frankly some of the racing I saw last night was a disgrace.

And I quote from the top post of this and every RC thread:
If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Either report incidents or leave out the negativity.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%