rF2 Clio Cup @ Donington (National) - Tue July 20th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well my first r factor race and thanks to a FFB setting from ivo i loved it. Felt nice.

Iv never done starts etc in rfactor and it showed loosing the lead both time on the start. Really gutted as not to sound big headed I havnt won in ages and always seem to be on the poidum.

Cheers IVO and wd all.

Thanks Migazzi, for ruining Race 1 for me. Pushed me into the grabel trap, crashed into the barrier and race over.

Race 2, had a brilliant battle with Toby until I braked too late and then we both lost out but it was so much fun :)

However, too many cutter/rammers so I won't be joining you for the next race

Race 1: Started near the back, crashed into someone recovering at the chicane after that picked up a few places here and there. Had to battle Magrath towards the end and lost that battle.

Race 2: Good start but lost all the places by losing it on a curb. Made up some places again from cars falling off the track. Spent most the race fighting Watkins then Davakos but lost ground in an over ambitious move on him at the chicane and never got a decent chance again. Almost overtaken by Marquez on the last lap.

Was anyone else surprised by the lights at the start? I could barely see them and was practically asleep when the grid suddenly bolted away.

P.S. Thanks Ivo, RD and all who participated.

Pff tense. Good they are back since November. ;)

Race 1:

Messed up my Q. Only 12th. Moved up the grid slowly and had awesome battles with Lee and Dariusz.

Race 2:

Had a better Q and was 5th. But at the start alot off people barged their way through, wich was really shame.
Was 10 after a couple of corners. Again slowly moved up. Had a nice battle with Adam and at the end with Caramidaru. Sorry for not making enough room for you in the last lap. Got 3th after the smoke dance from Toby and Chris. ;)

Next week Silverstone (National) guys. :)

First race with this mod and was alot of fun.

Race1 - Hard to see the start lights and lost a few positions early on. Had some great close battles trying to come back up the field. Ended up P7.

Race2 -Got stuck in the sarlac pit in sector one. By the time I had gotten out I was 39 secs from the pack. Just kept pushing til the end and made up a few positions. Thomas Lee was in my sights with just a handful of laps to go and closed the gap to about 1 sec but just didn't have enough at the end. Good driving Thomas. :)

Thanks to RD, Ivo and everyone who participated! Glad I joined this race today! :)

What a great evening!:)

Great mod, those cars are awsome and race with about 30 people! Thanks Ivo.:)

Race 1: Haven't seen lights, like everyone, not bad start, manage to hold position, trying to overtake Giorgio Davakos on lap 2, we touched, grass, and I was almost the last one on the grid:cool:. I was trying to catch up Edgar Herrero and I finally did we have great fight through view laps (one more time sorry Giorgio for that punch). I've managed to pass him after his mistake and go away, passing couple guys, who go on the sand traps, and grass, finished 16th. Its ok.

Race 2: Better qualy-16th, good start gaining 2-3 positions, and loss 4 on T1:frown:. Very close batle with Andrey Zaycev through almost 4 laps. I was forced to go deffensive line, great drive Andrey (even you was a bit faster than me, You haven't hit or touched me, very clean and fair dive). Lap 4-have small freeze (those computers:mad:)and hit a wall. And I was almost the last, than my Clio didn't drive so well and I lost my position to Will. Another 16th place after passing two guys who blew their engines. Luckly I hadn't:cool:. In the Qualy 1 I've done it four times...

Great cars, big grid=a lot of fun.
Thanks Ivo for this event!!!

Mixed evening from me. Had good pace in practise and was finally able to show it come qualifying landing myself a nice 4th place on the grid. Had an okay start but at the front everyone else has excellent starts was down to 7th by about turn 5. For most of the race I was stuck around 1-3 secounds behind Nick and (Dariuz?) untill Ivo caught upto me that was once he was past I was able to keep hold of his rear wing and help find some of the pace I had in qualifying. It was an excellent racing although in the end Ivo managed to get past Nick and I managed to get past Nick when he ran wide. This put me 6th with only a few laps to go. On the final lap I lost the rear going into "Old Hairpin" however a large gap back to 7th meant I managed to get the car going and then defend for a few corners to hold on.

Race two was a dissaster. It took me untill the end of qualifying to notice I didnt have my setup loaded and so started 18th. I must appologuise for Toby for blocking his first qualifying lap. I did mean to appologuise after qualifying but I forgot. Race two I had a better start and was upto 12th on the opening lap. Was able to pick off a few before I caught up with Ivo again (10th?) He was battling with Adam and I managed to close In. One of the laps Ivo had a bit of a bad run out of Old Hairpin and so I was alongside him going into Mcleans however I gave him a tad too much room had a wheel on the grass span and by the time I got it out of the gravel I was actually behind Ivo again. Ivo got past Adam and I had to concede due to blues to Lukaz. I managed to unlap myself on Lukaz and have a run on Adam however he closed the door I had to avoid and this meant I had to concede to Lukaz again. Got back past Lukaz a few more times to Unlap myself but me making mistakes / receiving more blue flags Meant I couldnt keep it for long. In the end finished dead last which has ratted me off considering the pace I had in practise / R1.

Thanks to Ivo though both for organizing and for some awesome driving (and the latter goes to Nick aswell who I enjoyed a small battle with). Have fell in love with this mod :).

PRACTICE this is first Rfactor event for me...so i was glad that IVO heplped me with setup .and i was amaized about my pace....

QUALIfirst quali managed 7th place..but like in race07 events i stuck to my "stupid tradition" i'm slower in quali then in practice..

RACE 1 din't see the light so had a teribile start cars..fliying allarounde me..then in first corner i think we tried to enter at least 5cars...so i got spined..and was deadlast..i new i had a good pace...and start climbing the latter from 29-26(something like that) a few DNF allot of passes and got my self 9th place...

QUALI 2 i had a stroke when i saw the time that i did and that i was only 0.038 from leader...

RACE 2 again bad start but after the s'es again i was second...i tried to keep that positiona but i can't enter hich pace right away so was 5th at on moment great fight with Marquez i think...and when i managed to make a small gap...IVO came stormig after me..got scared lost a bit my pace and had a good fight with him too..but in the last lap he did a pasa and dind;t have time to get him back

awsome fun dispite the problem in race1

again allot of ty,10-x nad thx IVO and RD

last night was not my night. sadly enough....

However, i was surprised about my qual-time position 6 or 7! a low 1;20 (The happy-part). In practise i couldn't go any faster than 1;22.
In qual i had some problems with my internet-connection, i think. I got the massaged that i was removed from the game. I was afraid that i couldn't rejoin during qual or warm-up.

RACE 1; a bad start, the one in the front was standing still. The person behind me crashed into me... after a couple of rounds cars keep coming and dissapearing, like traffic light. This makes racing very difficult, I wondering if it was my internet connection or was a server problem? I have 24mb download and 2mb upload. rFactor is setup for cable connection.
After some hitting and bumping i landed in the gravel and got stock with a flat tyre!

Okay, hopefully next time better results.

Ivo, thanks mate for setting this up! It was excited.

Race 1 felt like a 20 minute battle with anyone who was near me, was in a massive fight for the first 15 minutes which seemed to involve everyone from 4th to 9th, eventually lost concentration and fell back to 8th.

Race 2, sure I ended up with no paint on my car due to the amount of barging that was going on, watching a few certain drivers ahead taking massive liberties when it came to smacking into people and using them to make corners. In the end I somehow finished 5th, and i'm still not sure how, lol.

Was an exciting evening of racing, thanks to Ivo and RD for the event :)

It was an OKish night for me.

Quali 1: Didn't get going and was 4 tenths off my pb which meant that I was starting 19th.

Race 1: Made a good start (was I the only one to see the lights?) and got past several cars and was high up by the exit of turn 1. Eventually caught up to the back of Ivo and the small group infront and made my way past both Ivo and Stefan. Stefan attempted to get past me on the inside into the last chicane, but I braked early and dived back up the inside and kept the position. From then on I kept falling back with an understeering car. On the last few laps Caramidaru got down the inside of me at McLeans but the wider line I took meant I got a good exit and was slightly faster down the next straight. However just before the braking point of the next corner, Caramidaru moved into my line which left a very small gap between the cars and unsighted me. Therefore to avoid running into the back of him, I moved to right, only to discover that Wayne was in my blind spot and we collided (sorry). Wayne disappeared into the gravel and I decided to carry on as I felt I was trying to avoid an accident with Caramidaru. Crossed the line in 10th place due to other people going off into the gravel.

Quali 2: Got taken out twice (not going to name names). The first occured at the beginning where the offender went on the grass and careered into the side of me causing me to spin in front of several others. The second one, I was on a real quick lap but the guy has apologised so all is fine with him :)

Race 2: Starting 15th, I made another good start and was passed several people into turn 1. I managed to gain a few more places through the Craner Curves. On the exit of Coppice Corner, the three guys in front all made a slow exit and I was able to get past them all. However, in the braking zone for the last chicane, I got a nudge from behind which sent me wide but I was able to rejoin the track in the same position. Then started my duel with Ivo. He was much faster than me but I was able to hold him off until I made a mistake and he got through and pulled away. Lukasz began to catch me but he was battling with Lee which meant that I was able to keep a steady gap to both of them for the rest of the race. I crossed the line just behind a recovering Toby to finish in 9th.

Thanks to Ivo, RD, and all of those who I battled with.

its fine adam it happens well it does to me lol i am thinking of messing with rfactor so u can race with a bus all the time so i dont get pushed of or poeple dont see me lmao see you all next week :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back