rF2 Clio Cup @ Croft (Live Stream) - Saturday 6th May 2017

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
That was fun. Threw out my quali-P2 by stalling the engine in the grid. That's what you get for using H-pattern and no clutch I guess :rolleyes:

Dropped to 32nd, I spun twice in the race but did lots of overtaking during it, was fun although I would've preferred to be in the lead group.

Really fun race! Not sure what happened at the first corner... but we knew it was going to happen! :D Got down to 34th, had some great fights to get back. Tried to resist to @TTupsi but you were really really too fast! :thumbsup: What happened btw, you had to pit later?
Just did a mistake on the lap before the last one; trying to put pressure on @Ian Le Messurier but I obviously failed! :whistling:

that was a pretty fun race! Sorry Joseph for the divebomb early on in the race, i just missed my braking point and had to use your quarter panels to slow down :p

later on i had some good battles too, thanks for the fun race guys!

Was fun, I managed to avoid the mayhem in the first corners and gained lots of positions just because of that. A bit late I got hooked up with someone in a right bend sending us both into the barrier. I dont remember who it was but he waited and let me continue before he was back at my heals, unfortunately for him (mostly) we had lost ourselves to the very last positions.
He did a pass a few corners later and I didnt see him anymore. Besides it took several laps before I noticed my wheel didnt go straight when centered, not sure if there was a puncture or something else but I carried on.
Not until the last few laps did I enter the pit coming with steering working just to see that the checkered flag was going out :)

'Fun' seems to be the word - and that race definitely was. 35 cars is the most I've ever raced online. Less than 8-tenths separating the top 14 in Quali. Lots of close racing and a few bumps and spills as expected. Managed to avoid the 1st corner incident and had a good run - but being the clumsy oaf I am, managed to spin out all on my own later on. I bumped a couple of ppl - sry. Luckily no harm done, just love taps! @Steve Le Gallez - thx for waiting after our off at the chicane. Bit too tight going 2-wide thru there!! At least we didn't lose any places. Congrats to winner + podium. Thx to organisers and everyone for a great race. :thumbsup:

A bit late I got hooked up with someone in a right bend sending us both into the barrier. I dont remember who it was but he waited and let me continue before he was back at my heals, unfortunately for him (mostly) we had lost ourselves to the very last positions.
He did a pass a few corners later and I didnt see him anymore. Besides it took several laps before I noticed my wheel didnt go straight when centered, not sure if there was a puncture or something else but I carried on.
Not until the last few laps did I enter the pit coming with steering working just to see that the checkered flag was going out :)
That was me Lars. That was a pretty strange incident, not sure how we managed to get hocked up like that! Maybe your car got some damage from the barrier, sorry about that. Glad that you still enjoyed your evening! I did too! :thumbsup:

Really fun race! Not sure what happened at the first corner... but we knew it was going to happen! :D Got down to 34th, had some great fights to get back. Tried to resist to @TTupsi but you were really really too fast! :thumbsup: What happened btw, you had to pit later?
Just did a mistake on the lap before the last one; trying to put pressure on @Ian Le Messurier but I obviously failed! :whistling:
Ah yes, you were one of the most resilient I encounteres during the race. Good fun battling with you! In the end I had a stop/go penalty from lap 1 when I cut the T2 chicane to dodge the mayhem. Didn't want to T-bone the car ahead but the game didn't care that the cut was for safety reasons :(

I could've just carried on but I didn't want a DQ even if this was just a club race :)

Thay was good fun :)

I had no practice at all before qualy but thankfully I knew the track. Had some good shuffles during the race, especially a with @Schwud Nelsh for what ended up to be 14th. Apologies for the 2 or 3 times I tapped you under braking, I struggled a bit more under braking that I anticipated, and couldn't find my brake bias buttons... :redface:
Thanks for the great race I look forwa d to our next one

That was me Lars. That was a pretty strange incident, not sure how we managed to get hocked up like that! Maybe your car got some damage from the barrier, sorry about that. Glad that you still enjoyed your evening! I did too! :thumbsup:

No worries Alex, as I wrote I only noticed it a few laps later so not sure if it was that incident. And I agree that it was and odd incident. :)
It was my first time in RF2 so this is pretty nice car to start with start with.. and what an amazing grid!

In the end I had a stop/go penalty from lap 1 when I cut the T2 chicane to dodge the mayhem. Didn't want to T-bone the car ahead but the game didn't care that the cut was for safety reasons :(

I could've just carried on but I didn't want a DQ even if this was just a club race :)
Ah, that's a shame! Yes, it is difficult with a cutting system to distinguish a "safe" cut! :D Pity for your end result but a DQ would have been worst!

It was my first time in RF2 so this is pretty nice car to start with start with.. and what an amazing grid!
Yep, that was amazing! We all enjoyed it so hopefully there will be some more races like this one...:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 256 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.8%