rF2 Clio Cup @ Calder Park - Tue Aug 17th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Qualify was looking good on 3rd until the last minute it changed to 8th :D,i was a bit concerned at how close Eddie's car in front was on the grid,looked like about 15cm or something silly :/.....i just hoped Eddie got off the line nice and sharp,but he didnt even move at all :p,so my good start got converted in to pushing Eddie up to speed giving him a very good start and bogging me down to a near halt for a total nightmare swamped down the pack start to 14th or something,as usual dont remember too much at the early overlly busy spell,main memory is a good old tussle with Ivo,good fun then chasing down Degreefo to the line for 2nd finish ;).

So so glad of a better qual start place this time around planting it on 3rd place and plenty room to manouvre,which made me think again something wasnt right in the grid placings race one....anyhooz,.,..not had a jump start penalty since i cant remember when,and in my unbiased humble opinion,this was a very very harsh call,but ofcourse no appeals or anything possible so it will have to be done :p,the plan was just follow Chris and Greg around but at the first flatout chicane they went in side by side and had a little "rub and bobble" together,i was sort of a safe enough distance back to work it out but it just didnt pan out how i wanted,by the time i arrived they were both more or less sideways and i arrived and got "scooped up" in it all,...just the way it goes innit :),dived in pitlane and hit the limiter at that first post with the lights,but im sure i remember from V8's or something the pit limit doesnt actually start until right at the pitwall,also it seemed to be the longest slowest pitlane in the world so the race was now over for me,i done another drive thru next lap and done the limiter down at the pitwall and got no speed penalty,happy to confirm that i quit and watched some very good racing going on.

Thank You Ivo & RD

Good night for me. Practice went well with me being within a second of the fast guys.

Q1: Qualified 9th I think it was but was struggling.

R1: Made a good start after almost jumping the lights. Went into turn 1 and got hit up the rear twice. Managed to hold onto the car but was stuck behind Robert in 7th place. Got past him on lap 3 with an out-braking manoeuvre at turn 1. Pulled away from him but was slowly being caught by Magnus behind. The last few laps were great. Had a good battle with Magnus, Eddie, and Julien where they would get past at turn 6 or 8, but I would get back past at turn 1. Unfortunately they eventually got me and I ended up just behind in 8th.

Q2: Was worse than Q1 and was starting 11th. Another great start and kept to the inside again only to have someone else drive straight into the back of me. Did even better to hang onto it this time and was eventually up to 6th. Going through the fast chicane I saw smoke up ahead and as I got there Ivo was rejoining the track as was Chris but Chris was out of control. Accelerated to make sure I got past before he came across the track and then had to slam brakes on to not run into the back of Lukasz. Made my way through the mess and was up to 4th. Got overtaken by Caramadaru at the last corner of the 1st lap but I got my revenge at turn 1 on lap 3 by sliding cleanly up the inside. He dropped behind but then took a shortcut at turn 2 to go back ahead and refused to drop behind again. Eddie made a mistake and I was able to catch him up and eventually got past to move me up into 4th but then Greg came along and overtook into turn 1 on the last lap. Finished 5th but had a good time.

Thanks to Ivo, RD, and those I battled with.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%