Clio Cup 2013

Cars Clio Cup 2013 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Huge improvements--thanks for sticking with it and perfecting this mod for all of our benefit.

One tiny nitpick--the bonnet cam is pointing downward when it should be flat and the cockpit cam is pointing slightly upward when it should also be flat. (The two should be the same driver eye level except one is in the centre of the car at the windscreen).
I think that's more of a personal taste. Many Reiza cars also have some tilt angle built into the cams to give a better view on our monitors using the actual PoV of the driver model. BTW, cockpit cam is completely level in Clio 2.0, but nosecam does have a slight tilt towards the ground.

A feature is long-requested at the devs to add in-game tilt adjustment controls, but until then, you can fine tune it to your preferences at a file level.

Edit this -> \Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\Clio_2013\clio13_Cams.cam
Camera position -> PositionOffset
Camera angles -> OrientationOffset
Code:
LocalCam=COCKPIT
{
  Fov=(55.000000, 55.000000)
  Clear=TRUE
  Color=(164, 218, 249)
  ClipPlanes=(0.200000, 500.000000)
  LODMultiplier=(1.000000)
  MipmapLODBias=(0.000000)//
  Size=(1.000000, 1.000000)
  Center=(0.500000, 0.500000)
  Flags1=(0)
  Flags2=(0)
  RadiusLimits=(0.000000, 0.000000)
  OrientationRate=(999.000000, 999.000000, 999.000000)  // Low numbers cause jitter when you're spinning
  PositionOffset=(0.000000, 0.0, 0.220000)     //(Left-Right, Up-Down, Back,Forward)
  OrientationOffset=(-0.00000, 0.040000, 0.000000)  //(Tilt, Pan, Roll)
  Radius=(0.000000)
}

Last edited:
I think that's more of a personal taste. Many Reiza cars also have some tilt angle built into the cams to give a better view on our monitors using the actual PoV of the driver model. BTW, cockpit cam is completely level in Clio 2.0, but nosecam does have a slight tilt towards the ground.

A feature is long-requested at the devs to add in-game tilt adjustment controls, but until then, you can fine tune it to your preferences at a file level.

Edit this -> \Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\Clio_2013\clio13_Cams.cam
Camera position -> PositionOffset
Camera angles -> OrientationOffset
Code:
LocalCam=COCKPIT
{
  Fov=(55.000000, 55.000000)
  Clear=TRUE
  Color=(164, 218, 249)
  ClipPlanes=(0.200000, 500.000000)
  LODMultiplier=(1.000000)
  MipmapLODBias=(0.000000)//
  Size=(1.000000, 1.000000)
  Center=(0.500000, 0.500000)
  Flags1=(0)
  Flags2=(0)
  RadiusLimits=(0.000000, 0.000000)
  OrientationRate=(999.000000, 999.000000, 999.000000)  // Low numbers cause jitter when you're spinning
  PositionOffset=(0.000000, 0.0, 0.220000)     //(Left-Right, Up-Down, Back,Forward)
  OrientationOffset=(-0.00000, 0.040000, 0.000000)  //(Tilt, Pan, Roll)
  Radius=(0.000000)
}

Thanks. FYI, Reiza is also standardizing the cams when they do updates (as they should). Many complaints on their forum for non-standard cams such as the old Opala. I fail to see why all cars should not use a standardized system? There will still be differences in user experience based on the size and shape of the cars (or trucks!).

When i use AMS ffb needs to be inverted to get the ffb, with the new clio update i have to manually change ffb to positive values thats weird.

When i use AMS ffb needs to be inverted to get the ffb, with the new clio update i have to manually change ffb to positive values thats weird.
Did you follow the instructions in the mod description, to update the RealFeel values after installation? If yes, what wheel do you use?

I think when you drive with the ffb strengt in game at negative you can use the:

[Clio]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=4800.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=3
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

When you have set it to postive maybe you must do this:

[Clio]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-4800.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=3
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

I think when you drive with the ffb strengt in game at negative you can use the:

[Clio]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=4800.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=3
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

When you have set it to postive maybe you must do this:

[Clio]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-4800.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=3
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000
Well, not exactly. The prefix of the FFB depends on the wheel, and the wheel only. Logitech wheels use inverted force values and need a negative FFB setting in games, while TM uses positive. The RealFeel setting has to be the same for both, in case of the Clio (positive) 4800. The rest depends on the wheel and its driver to translate it to the proper output. Otherwise you would have to change RealFeel values for default cars as well to match your wheel, but that's luckily not the case.

For anyone that has issues with inverted FFB (compared to other cars, Reiza or mod), please make sure that you set the RealFeel ini to the one in the description. If you still experience issues, feel free to tag me in a post with some details or drop me a PM. ;)

When the car is standing still in for example the box there is no center force but its inverting the wheel to the left or right .. like a force that pushes to the side. When gaining speed the normal center force is building up and its fine. I mean i currently dont have a real car ... but from what i remember thats not how it works.

When the car is standing still in for example the box there is no center force but its inverting the wheel to the left or right .. like a force that pushes to the side. When gaining speed the normal center force is building up and its fine. I mean i currently dont have a real car ... but from what i remember thats not how it works.
I suppose you have a Logitech wheel. The only time I experienced such is when the realfeel entry was negative, the FFB inverted in-game compared to my normal setting, and front ARB any other than detached.

Can you paste here the [Clio] section from your realfeel.ini and also a screenshot of your control settings?

I haven't changed anything, clean AMS install, dont wanna mess with ini, so i change the ffb setting to positive value everytime i drive these cars .. fanatec (standart is negative ffb ams)
As far as i know changing the +/- in the ini is the same as changing it manually in ams

I haven't changed anything, clean AMS install, dont wanna mess with ini, so i change the ffb setting to positive value everytime i drive these cars .. fanatec (standart is negative ffb ams)
As far as i know changing the +/- in the ini is the same as changing it manually in ams
For this mod you do have to touch the realfeel.ini, otherwise it won't work as intended on a physics level, and inverting the FFB in-game won't solve this. It's nothing technical, just opening a text file and replacing the current section by copy/pasting the one in the description. There are unique segments for each car, so you won't break any Reiza stuff. ;)

The reason is that RealFeel calculates the forces based on the physics coming from the car. If the MaxForceAtSteeringRack has an incorrect prefix, it will break FFB on the physics level. The in-game setting only changes the direction of the resulting FFB forces, but won't resolve the incorrect calculations.

Last edited:
Franklin Stegink updated Clio Cup 2013 with a new update entry:

Clio Cup 2013 v2.1

After a lot of days and hours here the final version of the Clio.
I want to thanks @PicoBp who has rebuild the physics for me and do some other work.

What has he changed after the v2.0 release:

@PicoBp
*rebuilt physics from the ground up (based on ISI Clio handling)
*reworked tyres
*reworked engine
*tweaked FFB
*adjusted cockpit, hood and bumper cameras

@Franklin Stegink
* Add rim blur to the car....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Wow, another update!!! The amount of effort on this car is amazing.

The FFB and all related physics improvements seem to be complete/perfect :) I will say that in my Realfeel.ini, the entry is called [Clio1], not [Clio]. The value of 4800 that I suggested earlier still works better for me with a stronger wheel than the 4000 that is suggested. People should also be aware that the value may be positive or negative depending on your wheel and master settings in AMS.

The new standard cams are very much appreciated!

The only area of concern for me is the sound. The sounds are too loud (relative to Reiza's AMS cars), very distorted and the balance between the player car and the opponents is out of whack with the opponents too loud. I do not remember this being the case in the earlier versions, but I don't have them hanging around any longer to compare sound files and it seems that only v1.0 is left here at RD to download. Would it be possible to provide the older sound files--I'd like to swap them to test the difference. I also haven't read back through all the pages to know when the sounds were last updated, but whatever the immediate prior version to the current one would probably be best.

Thanks so much! Other than sounds, this mod is now is perfection.

People should also be aware that the value may be positive or negative depending on your wheel and master settings in AMS.
RealFeel entry for this car should _always_ be positive, it is part of the physics calculation of the FFB. Been tested with Logitech and TM as well to make sure there are no anomalies.

I do not remember this being the case in the earlier versions
There were no sound changes for since the past few releases, and I didn't notice anything similar during testing with 35 AI next to me. Might be a conflict with another mod? Do you have Clio 2016 installed? If yes, maybe try removing that completely (Vehicles/Sounds/Series) and reinstall Clio 2013.

Glad you like the changes (including cams). ;)

Just downloaded 2.1 and wheel is forced in either side, kind of like others are saying but it feels worse. tried it at Caldwell which is a DLC, not mod, track; any tips in how to get normal driving behavior? I mean like, not having to change settings that currently work with all other cars?

This is my first install ever of this mod, so no prior content to delete or adjust

I'd appreciate your input; thanks.

Last edited:
Just downloaded 2.1 and wheel is forced in either side, kind of like others are saying but it feels worse. tried it at Caldwell which is a DLC, not mod, track; any tips in how to get normal driving behavior? I mean like, not having to change settings that currently work with all other cars?

This is my first install ever of this mod, so no prior content to delete or adjust

I had a similar issue, but it was some strange conflict with the 2016 Clio as described above. Try deleting it as that cured the issues for me.

Last edited:
RealFeel entry for this car should _always_ be positive, it is part of the physics calculation of the FFB. Been tested with Logitech and TM as well to make sure there are no anomalies.

There were no sound changes for since the past few releases, and I didn't notice anything similar during testing with 35 AI next to me. Might be a conflict with another mod? Do you have Clio 2016 installed? If yes, maybe try removing that completely (Vehicles/Sounds/Series) and reinstall Clio 2013.

Glad you like the changes (including cams). ;)

Thanks--deleting the 2016 Clio mod and reinstalling this 2013 returned all to normal!! No strange sounds any longer!

Will you update the 2016 Clio next? It has some nice qualities that are different from the 2013. No problem if you do not want to--we now have one perfect Clio to use :)

Did you follow the RealFeel settings? That is a critical part of the installation and the primary cause for FFB being messed up.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back