• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

cleaning packages folder

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Andrew Ford, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,737
    Hi all

I just deleted all mods and components from my rfactor 2 packages folder and moved them to the desktop

however, mod manager still shows them after refreshing and...the dir is set to rfactor 2 packages folder...so why are they still showing? is there a way to clean the folder without uninstalling the game?

thanks

2. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,743
    Probably by uninstalling the mods and than do a refresh within the modmanager.
    This should solve your "problem". There is no need to uninstall the game. :)

3. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,737
    i tried that but strangely it doesn't :cry:

thanks for trying tho!:thumbsup:

4. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222
    You have to select the mods in the manager and delete them. Since you don;t have them in the folder that won;t cause any problem. Uninstalling only is not going to be enough. Technically I am not sure why but my guess is that when you install a mod it actually gets unpacked and installed elsewhere. So even if you delete the mod from the folder you are not deleting it from the place where it is unpacked.

I assure you that deleting the mods from the mod manager will do the trick.