1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic @ Taruma - Monday 13th May 2013

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Scott Webber, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Event Details
    Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Classic
    Mod: F1 Classic
    Tracks: Taruma

Time Schedule
    All times are in GMT. The server will be open on race day for online free practice
    • 19:00 Practice
    • 19:30 Qualification
    • 19:50 Warming up
    • 20:00 Race - 30 Minutes (2x tyre wear) morning race!
    Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Entry List
    Leave a comment in the thread below if you wish to be signed up. Signing up means we expect you to be present of course.
    1. Matej Lakota
    2. Scott Webber
    3. Guus Verver
    4. Davy Vandevenne
    5. Tristan Clark
    6. Marian Zelenka
    7. Xavier de Carvalho
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
  2. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

I will not be able to join you with F3 on Wednesday, because I am busy again, but sign me up for these wonderful cars, please.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. im in too :D
    • Like Like x 2
  4. sign me up scott
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Sign me up please.
    First time in these classics:D
    • Like Like x 2
  6. While I suck really badly at driving these machines, I'd love to be signed up for this! :)
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

Sign me up please.

First time for me with this car, don't like it that much, but definitely like Taruma.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Server is up!
  9. Sign me up please :) Might leave early though
    • Like Like x 1
  10. oh man, was going great and i forgot how good these cars really feel, you constantly feel like your on the edge.... well i had a very weird issue, when i change gears into 4th, 5th or 6th i was constantly revving, i thought i may have toggled the pit limiter but it wasn't on at all, then a couple of laps later i got it again, very weird :( .... then my car was overheating so i decided to park it and not cause any mischeif.

Thanks for joining guys, was great fun while it lasted for me :p
    • Like Like x 2
  11. SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY Matej Lakota!!! Tried to stop the car but it just kept going, tried pressing escape as well but was too slow, i'm really sorry mate :( Really wasn't something that I wanted to end this race with.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

Well, guys, that was just ridicilous. First white car didn˙t let me pass him, even if he was couple laps back and after that, yellow one hits me on his way back to the track. Please, be a little more careful and observe who is driving around you. Tnx :(.

edit: NP mate, I am getting cooler now ;).
  13. Nice turnout :)

Should have used a little more rear wing, I was way too unstable in the quick corners and inevitably it went wrong :( Up until my spin I had a nice race trying to catch Matej and keep Marian behind, after my spin it was very lonely. during my pitstopt the stupid pitcrew was fixing damage that I did not even know was there and that lost me some more time. Grats Davy, nice tyre management. And grats Matej the alien on your pace:thumbsup:
    Thanks for racing all, I had fun driving these beasts again.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

Wow, that was intense! Mad, incredible! Maybe I even join next time.

I had good pit stop and closed up on Matej and trying to gave him a hard time. It looked good, until I hit the first corner kerb 4min before the end and lost some time. It was so good following him. Great fun. Then I watched Matej crashed with Xavier and I hit him too. My car was broken, steering pointing to the right, but who cares? Like a Lewis Hamilton without a wheel, you just want to continue. ;) Maybe we even would have had the time for closing on Davy if all had went well. Who knows.

No idea how it was possible to stay on the same tyres.
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota

It was really great racing with you, Guus and all of the rest again and I can`t wait for more :). In the moment of crash, I was just two seconds behind Davy and catching him very fast, so last lap battle was unavoidable :).
    Grats all, tnx for great time and cya next time :thumbsup:.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Woah what a race!

Made some contact with Davy at the start which was probably my fault (putting my nose where it didn't really belong) so I think we were both carrying damage from the first corner. Sorry Davy! Managed to stay with Marian for the first half of the race before he dived into the pits. Couldn't really figure out why everyone was pitting, as I missed the 2x tyre wear thing in this thread. Sure enough, checked my tyres and saw much more red/yellow than I really wanted to see!

Pretty much figured I'd lost too much time staying out on the older tyres so I figured I'd have a crack at winning it without a stop. Led until 5 minutes to go when I got a puncture and that was that. Brought her into the pits to change tyres (accidentally only changed 2 of them which led to numerous spins over the last few laps) and had to sit through 56 seconds of damage. Dammit!

Looked like a fantastic race at the end though. Congrats to Davy again on his tyre management, and thanks everyone for turning up and making this really enjoyable. Almost forgot how good this game is :)
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Wow Incredible end!

I had from the start some damage on the left rear due to contact with Tristan. Car drove slightly to the right. But my goal was, going to the end without a pitstop. After 5 minutes i had to slow down the pace to even get there with one set of tires and led Tristan pass. Race pace was 1,5 sec slower than qualify. The balance of the car was good and the tires worn right are the same. I could maintain the same laptimes until 10 minutes from the end the grip went away very fast. Matej was closing fast end i now he will pass me for sure until he crashes with Xavier. At that time i was 15sec ahead of position two. So it was possible to win, but the right front tire was almost gone in the last minute until he exploded on the finish line.
    This was my first race with these monsters. Hard to handle, great fun though.;)
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.