AC Classic GT @ Barcelona (Live Stream) - Monday 27 March 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
upload_2017-3-5_16-43-58-png.177482

An epic challenge of GT cars from the late 60s lives again in the circuit of Catalunya

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU HISTORIC
Cars: Porsche 908 LH, Ford GT40
Track: Barcelona (Moto layout)

Practice: 18:00 GMT (45 minutes)
Qualifying: 18:45 GMT (15 minutes)
Race: 19:00 GMT (40 minutes - 21 laps)
Mandatory Pit: YES - PIT WINDOW: from lap 7 to lap 14

Entry List
  1. Joseph Wright (Commentator with Abarth 595)
  2. Eugene Abramoff (Porsche)
  3. L.Karkkainen (Ford)
  4. PurgerUK (Porsche)
  5. Ben O'Bro (Porsche)
  6. JoaquimSenna (Porsche)
  7. Allan Ramsbottom (Porsche)
  8. T_rac3 (Ford)
  9. Otune (Ford)
  10. Fabrizio (Ford)
  11. Aksu (Ford)
  12. Jemmari (Porsche)
  13. Stig Bidstrup (Ford)
  14. javigg (Porsche)
  15. Geof (Porsche)
  16. Yusuf Macit (Ford)
  17. Aziz Can YÜCEL (Ford)
  18. Dennis93 (Porsche)
  19. DanielC (Porsche)
  20. hlsubaru (Ford)
  21. Achim Demuth (Ford)
  22. Alessandro Dalledonne (Ford)
  23. Alen Terzić (Ford)
  24. hape (Ford)
Reserve list
  1. Wil.
  2. Simon Hodge
  3. Free slot
  4. Free slot

Last edited:

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Nice choice of track for these cars :) Should be a bit of a fight to keep on the black stuff towards the end of the lap! The way these historic GT grids have been going this will be an awesome event! Good luck and have fun everyone :)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wow 10 cars signed up already and it's only been a couple of hours :confused:

Man I'm going to have to strap on some bigger nuts and give these cars some more attention in future so I can take part :) I've driven 'em a few times for giggles, then usually walk away in a huff after 5 laps and 8 spins... :D

Great to see historic content getting some love here in AC.. h shifter and :poop: brakes rule the roost in my opinion :cool:

Wow 10 cars signed up already and it's only been a couple of hours :confused:

Man I'm going to have to strap on some bigger nuts and give these cars some more attention in future so I can take part :) I've driven 'em a few times for giggles, then usually walk away in a huff after 5 laps and 8 spins... :D

Great to see historic content getting some love here in AC.. h shifter and :poop: brakes rule the roost in my opinion :cool:
Be careful Paul, these cars might cause addiction :inlove:

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
That's what worries me!!! :D

I've taken a step back from doing to much racing to concentrate on the writing here at RD and family stuff... I did 1 race, just 1 bloody race and now my diary has an event on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday scheduled in!! Argh :roflmao:

Still it's a great problem to have I suppose :) These look like brilliant fun and I'm delighted to see them become so popular..

Maybe I'll be joining you all out on track in the next few weeks :)

Like already mentioned often enough i am absolute beginner, and have "no" clue about setups...but with those 2 cars i found when you soften the anti roll bar and make the rear suspension soft, they are actually quite easy to drive. They might be not as fast as they can be potentially, but you won't spin :) that's definitely how i am going to drive them in the near future :)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Like already mentioned often enough i am absolute beginner, and have "no" clue about setups...but with those 2 cars i found when you soften the anti roll bar and make the rear suspension soft, they are actually quite easy to drive. They might be not as fast as they can be potentially, but you won't spin :) that's definitely how i am going to drive them in the near future :)

Ahh that's some golden advice, thanks man! I too know literally nothing of setups so usually just pump in or out some fuel and just hit the track! I think as you say with these cars overall pace isn't necessarily the most important thing, it's the long run. I always keep this little sentence in my mind for a good race result - "He who makes the least mistakes is usually the winner". Never a truer word spoken imho. It's no good being 1/2 second per lap quicker than me then running wide and loosing 3 seconds every third lap..

Not quite a question of the tortoise beats the hare, but something sort of similar :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000