rF2 Classic Formula 2 @ Mid Ohio & Brianza - Fri 21st February

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
classicf2.jpg

Event Details:
We will race on the Mid Ohio chicane track for race 1 and Brianza Long for race 2
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MT
Car: Classic Formula 2 ( Download EVE ) ( Download Spark ) pack
Track: MidOhio - (Download) (V1.91)
Track:
1966 AUTODROMO NAZIONALE DELLA BRIANZA - ( Download ) (v1.44)
MOD: ( Download )
Weather: Sunny
Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Mechanical failure: Time scaled
Damage 30% but please still be careful !!

Time Schedule:
- Practice: 21:00 GMT
- Qualification: 21:30 GMT 10 mins
- Race 1 : 20 mins
Race 2 : 20 mins

1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Kennett Ylitalo sick, get well soon mate;)
  3. Calum McLure
  4. Frederic Schornstein maybe
  5. Davy Vandevenne
  6. Gijs van Elderen
  7. Rui F. Martins
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver

Last edited:
Had great fun this evening.

Race 1: Davy was unbeatable. He shot like a rocket from the starting blocks, and saw him disappear into the distance.:thumbsup: i had some problems with my pedal box:thumbsdown:. it shifted left/right when clutching/braking. So I had to park the car and dive under the desk to fix it.

Race 2: was a nice one! :rolleyes:. I thought it was going to be a back and forth battle with Davy. It was really unfortunate that he made a mistake. So I did it a little easy to have a slipstream battle with Rupe. But Rupe was quite busy with keeping the car on the track so I left him. A stupid mistake left me stuck with me nose to the guardrail and i couldn't find reverse. in the end i had a nice slipstream battle with Rui:thumbsup:. (i hope you liked the setup)

Thanks for joining :thumbsup:

i had a great time tonigth, on the first race i had a lot of problems because i'm not used to the car and i didn't had enough time to practice, but it was fun and good to get to know the car better.
On the second race i felt more at ease since it isn't such a technical track as mid-ohio, after i tried Gijs's setup i felt very confortable with the car and was getting faster and faster. at the start of the race i tried no to spin the wheels and that proved to be a too conservative start so i felt a bit behind, after that the first lap was epic, i was able to pass a car and then i was stuck to the pipes of Rupe and Calum i think, but i wans't able to pass them and i made a mistake in the last corner before the oval, which sent me to last place, fortunately i was able to avoid any major incidents and i only spun a couple of times while other cars spun and didn't folow my advice of not hitting trees :roflmao: (it's easier said than done) at the end of the race i was able to get close to Gijs on the last 2 laps when he made a small mistake, we had a great figth on the oval and on the strat/finish straigth but i tried to left room for him on the inside, got distracted, and ended up going wide into the grass, fortunately it was before the trees, i tried to catch Gijs again but it would only be possible to close such gap if he made a mistake, i ended up in 3rd place which felt like a win to me, i don't get to finish in he podium many times :roflmao::thumbsup:

thank you for the races and see you guys next time:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years