rF2 Classic Formula 2 @ Brianza - Sunday July 1st 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I got my nice smooth as you like lap and half in qually then the rest of the event not smooth, the setup Craig sent was noticeably looser but also faster so i went with it, my start was barely good enough to hang on with Axel but thankfully just kept in the draft zone so i was able to make a pass, then get re-drafted and passed by Axel, i passed him again this time at the right time and place to really push it in to Curva Grande and the 2 Lesmos and my break away had begun!, it was also about now i noticed pole sitter Craig way back working his way through!, then sadly Axel went off in to Parabolica and everyone else disappeared, Craig valiantly chased on and made me keep pushing to the end, one little rub of armco exiting Lesmo 1 on about lap 8 ;).

Again thank you Marco & RD for another superb combo

I was off pace as usual but I had practiced a lot so I felt confident. I might blame the Spark for being slow and I would switch (the setups can be used for both) but I really dislike the Eve cockpit and only a poor craftsman blames his tools.
I was really impressed by the pace of the others. It takes serious fearlessness to master these cars.

9/10 I can't get a good start in these cars. The power is just too low. The others got just as bad a start apparently so I was third after first two corners.

Craig caught the draft, overtook and pulled a "Hamilton at Spa 2011" :) but I accept the apology and it was no problem since it ended up worse for Craig sadly.

Then I had David in my mirrors for half a lap before I lost it in the fourth corner and took David out as well so sorry if I hit you.

Later on I hit the wall in one of the right handers and the suspension was never the same after that so I tried to keep it on track until the car pulled left when braking to Parabolica and I skidded out, hit the hill, made a flip or two and landed behind the fence in Parabolica (the gravel is really bad at slowing cars, meh). I could still drive but the fence is collision proof :(

It was still a lot of fun so thanks Marco and RD and I hope there will be an F1 event one day ;) just to make the experience complete.

Grats to the finishers and well done to all for keeping it friendly and clean.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%