Time Schedule
19:00 GMT Practice
19:30 GMT Qualification
19:40 GMT Warm-up
19:45 GMT Race (15 laps)

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

MOD Installation.
To join this event, you need to download the custom mod above. Both track (install first) and mod (install second) must be installed to join the server.

Notes:
  • Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited in the chat. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
  • If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
  • We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3, download here. Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy friendly way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically, Log in here
  • Please take into account that rFactor 2 is still in beta stage and that technical problems might occur. If you spot a bug please post a (constructive) report in the dedicated bug thread.
Sign-up list:
  1. Peter Nickells
  2. Bram Hengeveld
  3. Dave Coin
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

It was worth it. You're right though, I was glued to F1 when Lewis started leading from the undercut. What a great race 3 world champions in the first 3 positions when I left.

We had a good race. If you want to know anything about the pits at mid ohio, ask me, I was almost resident and had a good look around. The two fast boys did well coping with the rain and it was fun

This was an intresting experience , the physics have been cleverly worked out .
In heavy rain you have very poor visibility the track and the edges just blend together making it hard to distinguish track from grass , all my braking points had to be something high and off to the side of the track so i could see them , late and hard braking was definately out .
Grip levels varied as the storm moved around the track or a dry line appeared and disappeard , you had to be very aware that braking and turn in points would keep changing or you would be off and visiting the scenery, my eyes were out on stalks the whole race through , you could not afford to relax.

OK the big question would this make for good racing ?
For me the answer is no , in heavy rain i had to concentrate that hard on seeing the track and keeping the car on it i didnt have the time or the mental capacity to watch what other racers were doing , for me it was an exercise in survival not a race , it was just sooo easy to go off ,

if we had a full grid i would be very surprised if 50% made lap 2 .Once you lost the car you were a passenger , if you lost it in a pack of cars you would probably take them with you , i think a wet race with that level of rain/grip would just turn into a prosession of cars trying not to hit the guy in front .

Well driven Peter and Craig we all did well not to wreck or knock each other off .

Now THATS constructive feedback! Thanks so much Dave, for this interesting read of your experience. We will defintely take this in consideration!

Thanks a lot.

I wondered why you were in the pits so much Peter!

Totally agreed with Dave, it was a question of surviving on track than racing and my brain did become numb towards the end of the race. Once someone is in front as Dave was with me behind, I did try and push to keep/catch up with him, but was never going to end well in the rain :(

Nice driving though Dave!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back