Clarkson, May and Hammond Show Titled The Grand Tour - Launches Autumn

View attachment 134961
Costing a reputed £16m to secure the dynamic trio, Amazon will no doubt be sparing no expense to bring 'The Grand Tour' show right to the top of the ratings chart.

Who's going to win the war of the car shows? Let's discuss below!
Are you sure about this? Because 160 000 pounds is really absolutely nothing for a company like Amazon. I heard the prices where definitely in the tenths of millions for the show and licenses.

Definitely looking forward to watching it though, I'd have to look and see what else Amazon Prime offers to see if it warrants a subscription.

I think that should actually say £160m which is the reported total budget for the 36 episodes planned by amazon giving 4.5m per episode, with reports indicating Clarkson will pocket a cool £30m of that for the complete 36.

For comparison the per episode budget for Top Gear set by the BBC was £500,000 though that did not include the contracted presenters so the actual cost was more like 1m per episode.

I wish the trio would take part in N24 some day, the Silverstone one they did back in the day with the M3 was interesting :p

• Deleted member 197115

Hope they'll lose "celebrity talk/driving" this time. Waste of air time.

I think I'll give the "new" Top Gear a miss.
Why? Because you can't possibly like a different show for different reasons?

After all, didn't we watch the "Old" Top Gear for the personalities as much as the content?
I certainly preferred the Old Top Gear but that was when it was still airing with Jezza, Slow, and Hamster. If anything I'm expecting the new Grand Tour to be a bore as it'll basically serialize entire seasons of those ultimately overblown heavily scripted supercar obsessed specials that ultimately bored me more than enthused me after the millionth time.

I miss the good old days when they'd do pieces on average cars and then now and then cover a monster or do an homage to the classic E type or whatever.

Chauvinistic, sexist, racist, xenophobic rubbish.

In my head this comment translated into Sexy!

Kidding, kidding. :D

Chauvinistic, sexist, racist, xenophobic rubbish. Or at least it will be if it's anything like the Top Gear programmes they produced.

So does that mean you won't be watching it?

Personally I'm looking forward to the new Amazon Prime show. They'll be able to push the boundaries even more. I hope they offend everybody.:p

Why? Because you can't possibly like a different show :D

No.... Simply because I don't watch a lot of TV anyway, and having not had any top gear fix in a while, I'll give their new show a go. If it's no good, I'll move onto something else. In any case, as I said earlier, how often do remakes actually end up being as good or better than the original?

Only one day out of the gate. Yet another sign of German efficiency. ;)

Only one day out of the gate. Yet another sign of German efficiency.jpg

I'm going to watch just so I can hear three white guys rip into the completely unprejudiced, humanitarian, tolerant, and politically correct BBC, while being paid in U.S. Dollars.

Pfah! If the BBC is so politically correct, they would have fired Clarkson ages ago instead of waiting untill he beat up a producer - or send him to an anger management class depending on your particular definition of the whole thing. I honestly doubt that he will suddenly become the champion of political incorrectness overnight: The remarks that he got lambasted for where not him being some sort of arbiter but just stupidity.

No.... Simply because I don't watch a lot of TV anyway, and having not had any top gear fix in a while, I'll give their new show a go. If it's no good, I'll move onto something else. In any case, as I said earlier, how often do remakes actually end up being as good or better than the original?

The Top Gear as we knew it was a remake :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%