Clarkson, May and Hammond Show Titled The Grand Tour - Launches Autumn

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The Grand Tour.jpg

Former Top Gear trio Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond have finally given a title to their new motoring show on Amazon Prime.

With the new show due to be filmed on location across the world, the three presenters have decided to call the new show the appropriately titled 'The Grand Tour'.

The new show will be touring various locations during its opening season, with a live studio audience to be housed in a giant tent... just to be a little bit different.

Amazon Prime purchased the rights to produce 3 seasons of the new series following the well published sacking of Clarkson following a fracas with a member of his production team during filming of the final Top Gear season back in 2015.

Costing a reputed £160m to secure the dynamic trio, Amazon will no doubt be sparing no expense to bring 'The Grand Tour' show right to the top of the ratings chart.

In other motoring news, BBC have confirmed that the newly re launced driving show Top Gear will air for the first time on Sunday May 29th. The BBC have confirmed filming of the new series has taken place in nine countries over eight months with the six new presenters racking up over 7,500 miles... no bad work if you can get it.

BBC Top Gear will feature a new presentation team of former TGI Friday favourite Chris Evans and Friends star Matt Le Blanc.

Who's going to win the war of the car shows? Let's discuss below!

Last edited:
Do re-makes ever work? I think I'll give the "new" Top Gear a miss. Bring on The Grand Tour. After all, didn't we watch the "Old" Top Gear for the personalities as much as the content?

Chauvinistic, sexist, racist, xenophobic rubbish. Or at least it will be if it's anything like the Top Gear programmes they produced.

View attachment 134961
Costing a reputed £160,000 to secure the dynamic trio,
Are you sure about this? Because 160 000 pounds is really absolutely nothing for a company like Amazon. I heard the prices where definitely in the tenths of millions for the show and licenses.

Definitely looking forward to watching it though, I'd have to look and see what else Amazon Prime offers to see if it warrants a subscription.

Going to be interesting to see if it'll be a rebranded Top Gear or if they're going to take the chance to mix things up alittle. The new Top Gear seems to be sticking to the wacky hijinks formula and I'm not sure it's the route to go as it means everything they do will essentially be a South Parks "The Simpsons already did it" episode.

I myself will follow both the new top gear and this. I'm curious what both will do. As for who was the reason I watched in the first place, it was probably the trio. I liked top gear for the cinematics and nice narrating.

I myself will follow both the new top gear and this. I'm curious what both will do. As for who was the reason I watched in the first place, it was probably the trio. I liked top gear for the cinematics and nice narrating.
Indeed.
Say what you will about Clarkson and Co, but the quality of the filming, editing, sounds and music was some of the best in television.

I'm very excited to see their new show :)

Indeed.
Say what you will about Clarkson and Co, but the quality of the filming, editing, sounds and music was some of the best in television.

I'm very excited to see their new show :)
Which is why as good as their chemistry is on screen, they're a bit over rated compared to the team behind them. Their production team has some excellent cinematographers, editors and the music they chose always created excellent atmosphere. So yeah, it's not all Jeremy, James and Richard like most people seem to go with "bring those 3 back or piss off!".

Chauvinistic, sexist, racist, xenophobic rubbish. Or at least it will be if it's anything like the Top Gear programmes they produced.

Oh, by all means, let's make something in total accordance to the guidelines of cultural marxism (that is what political correctness is, by the way), so we don't offend anyone. But the majority.

I personally will be giving their new show a go as well as continue to watch Top Gear. I still enjoy watching Fifth Gear and Evo, where Tiff Needell is.

Which is why as good as their chemistry is on screen, they're a bit over rated compared to the team behind them. Their production team has some excellent cinematographers, editors and the music they chose always created excellent atmosphere. So yeah, it's not all Jeremy, James and Richard like most people seem to go with "bring those 3 back or piss off!".
No I agree, the BBC has some fantastic people working behind the scenes (heck, just look at the quality of the F1 videos that BBC F1 used to create compared to some of the stuff that Sky puts out), but Clarkson, Hammond and May are all very good at what they do too.

Top Gear has Chris Harris. How many of you guys follow or have watched CH on Youtube?
He will be my main reason to keep watching TG, even though he will only be a part player, his car reviews are top notch.

I watched Top Gear for James, Jeremy and Richard, not to hear about some cars i will most likely not even see once in the streets.

I also don't watch uncommentated smiracing footage, no matter how great the racing action may be, i'm there for the entertainment, so it's all down to the character who's bringing the content.

And i doubt that BBC is trying to recreate "maniacs in cars" with that new lineup.

Reactions: Rob
Hope it isn't The Grand Bore. I wouldn't pay for Amazon Prime to watch this but as my Mrs. pays for it already count me in ;)

Not sure the well produced programmes you see on the BBC these days are actually made by BBC "staff". Aren't they mostly separate production companies now?

The Grand Tour seems like an appropriate name. The old Top Gear was more a travel program than a motoring program. Hoping Chris Evans makes Top Gear about cars again. I kind of suspect he will.

I'm going to watch just so I can hear three white guys rip into the completely unprejudiced, humanitarian, tolerant, and politically correct BBC, while being paid in U.S. Dollars.

But let's not forget their "old" format that is greatly improved by diversity. After all, what would a British motoring show be without a German woman who back-stabs those who made her famous; a car "reviewer" (except Lambo) who is relegated to You Tube; a washed up American actor; a non-controversial Howard Stern rip off; a CNET genius and lone black guy; and a Stig (insert favorite ethnic group here). Disappointingly, some key demographic pillars of London society are missing -- namely Imams. C'mon BBC :whistling: Inclusion!

I'll watch both shows because I think both will be great entertainment anyway.

The only thing holding back The Grand Tour is that it's based around a subscription based service. Some fans will be unable to, or not want to pay a monthly fee just for one show that they enjoy.

I did the Amazon Prime free trial once (my Dad was a fan of Ripper Street and Amazon got the rights to show the episodes first). Great service but more limited in choice than I thought but the price is about right so I may go for it anyway.

For me I have no enthusiasm for soaps, quiz shows, reality shows, court room dramas, or fly on the wall documentaries which doesn't give me much choice to watch these days! :laugh: So I'm looking forward to some TV entertainment that will make me smile once in a while.

I can't wait to get two top class car shows. Clarkson and Co are always going to be a car show staple, looking forward to seeing what they do now they're out from under the BBC and all it's rules and regulations.

Top gear I'm more apprehensive about. Evans and Le Blanc could make a good team, but what I've seen so far seems very scripted. Le Blanc doesn't seem like the kind to upset the cart which will make him boring. But Harris and Sabine give me hope for the show, Sabine seems like a lunatic behind the wheel and Harris has the knowledge. Eddie Jordan is great at winding people up but the trailers look like everyone is in their own little groups and there doesn't seem to be much interaction between the whole group.

I'm looking forward to both though. Even a bad car show is pretty good.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 250 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%