FM4 Civic World Series S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
What i see as a viable option is to apply a BTCS ruling. That's the weight handicap. But here it would result in a PI handicap.
As it's easier to restrict the PI than fidling with the weight or boosting the slower cars. In btcs the ruling goes that all cars start with 90kg of added weight in the 1st race.Then times are compared after 1st race and each car that is 0.3 sec slower than the fastest car gets a 10kg weight reduction for the next race.After race 2 times are checked again and so on.If after a race the heavier car from race1 is slower than the fastest car from race2 he gets a weight reduction again and the then fastest car gets weight added and that is applied throughout the whole competitors field.In that way they keep bouncing it over and over.But this does require time and calculation.As translated to Pi this would mean 0.3sec=-5pi if you calculate this from 90kg down to 0kg it would result in 3sec=-45pi.wich is a lot of a difference and not realistic in raceterms i think.Therefore I think we could use a simpler approach and use a 5PI restriction on the top 3 runners.Wich would drop them to A595 and the rest of the pack stays at A600.I think that would require the least changes and should be shown in racetimes.But of course need to be tested for the race after mottegi.If this does put the competition closer for the 1st american race from the testlaps.then you can see how it turns out in the race.But it should remain a flexible thing.So that if suddenly the restricted guys aren't competitive they would get bumped up again.Also a check of times prior to racing would be good as it would prevent nasty surprises.Don't want a top runner getting around a 20 secs slower than the others by a simple restriction of 5pi and it could happen as each track is different.

Beat Dan last night! Not by skill! ;)

My point about car changes/ PI was to make races more competitive. I don't want them penalised, I know from my own testing that the Evora will not beat an exige ( with me driving anyway), car selection as it stands is not a level playing field.
Neither is real racing!

Yes, you can argue that I chose the car and have to lump it but I also wanted a different car for each region. I, for one, did not manage to test all the cars before we started the series, and plumped for the Evora to have something different on track. Originally went for Panoz but too much of a handful. Evora is better. Exige is way better in terms of handling and grip. NSXis almost as good.

I am sure that the fast lads don't wish to be penalised but they can speak for themselves.

Chris set up the series and I am happy for him to set rules etc.. But my teddy better watch out!!!

Dan used to best me week in week out its taken a while to catch up, i still think hees much better but i do like being put on the same level :D its upto you guys, id say the closer racing will be fun and challenging but like you say if you guys want to keep it as it is i dont mind!!! Jus didnt want anybody loosing their enthusiasm!!!

Dan used to best me week in week out its taken a while to catch up, i still think hees much better but i do like being put on the same level :D its upto you guys, id say the closer racing will be fun and challenging but like you say if you guys want to keep it as it is i dont mind!!! Jus didnt want anybody loosing their enthusiasm!!!
Never gonnalose my enthusiasm, just don't want the results to be predictable week in, week out. Red Bull, Seb V = boring! Not that you are boring Chris!:)

I just posted this tought as it seems a fair system if you would apply this. However for me I'm still having fun to close my gap on the pack. It makes me better each race and raises my skill race after race. I must be honest that i just started tuning when I started online racing in Forza4. Before I never tried this so a whole new game opened-up for me. :)
But I leave up to the seasoned racers what way we'll be going. :)

Right guys, with the end of the Asian rounds tonight a change of car WILL be permitted!! Anybody can change their vehicle if they wish in time for the opening North American round. All i will say is that can we please post on this thread what cars we are changing to so we know whats ahead!! Also i know most people do but can we please write race reports in the relevant thread as if we decide to do a SCWC S2 then these reports will help advertise how good the racing has been for us!! Cheers guys, see you on the track!!

Think I'll have to pull out of the championship, guys. I'm struggling to attend at least three of the upcoming races and practice won't be easy to come by when I can.

I'll pop along as a reserve for a few races (assuming there are no objectins!), though.

Over 2hrs testing, lots of cars - lots of permutations.

Carchoice for next series.

Used Motegi as benchmark track.

Evora 2:09
NSX 2:09
Lots of others 2:09 or 2:10
Then I tried the Tesla - 2:08. Weird to drive, one gear, no engine noise as such, just tyre noise - mebbe?
Had another go in Exige 2:07:7 another's obviously some more there.

Decisions, decisions. I'm kind of thinking Tesla just for the hell of it .....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 442 39.6%