1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Citroen C-Elysée Revealed As 2014 WTCC Car

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Jul 24, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog
  2. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Well, I think the car looks quite good. I'm looking forward to seeing them on the grid.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'm on this Loeb getting WTCC title if the car holds atleast Top 10 Potential
  4. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    Keep calm and race on! Staff

Oh my, they didn't joke around when they say next year cars are going to be more powerful... 380hp, in a front wheel drive, going to be interesting for sure. On the car, it looks good, looking forward to seeing it on track :)
  5. 380bhp isnt much more than they have now and they have limited slip diffs so not really an issue with the fwd thing
  6. well atleast an additional 60-80 hp, seeing of how much this does in KERS is quite something still :D
    They could bring this to pikes peak and still get a decent amount of a rallye car if they will.
  7. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    Keep calm and race on! Staff

As far as I know, Cruze's 1.6T engine has 310hp, so around 70hp increase and more developed aero should make these a whole lot faster. I don't think I've ever seen before a fwd race car with such power :)
  8. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Not sure why they choosed the low-cost model for the WTCC instead the DS4 for instance.
  9. I thought wtcc is RWD, BAH.
  10. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The BMW is the only RWD car in the WTCC.

Must say the Citroen looks fantastic.
  11. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Xosé Estrada From what I understand they opted for this model because of marketing benefits. With the Western-European car market almost at a standstill and this model being built for the Eastern-European, South American and North African market it makes sense to use this model over the more expensive DS cars. The potential sale numbers could be big if this car scores strongly.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Gosh you would almost think that this and last years "choice" of "quality" race circuits would have something to do with marketing benefits :p

Lets hope when the economy is out of the crisis the WTCC chooses to visit the UK and Germany again.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah right now they rather have to rely on their own series tho, the bigger series are there but UK has BTCC still, germany a mix of cups.
    DTM, GT Masters and VLN are quite growing.
    And both have PCC and Scirocco Cup but having another mixed entry would be cool.
    It seems weird that F1 grows every year and small series struggle to fill the calender.
  14. Nox

Staff Premium Member

This is the second season of WTCC I've watched (was previously unable to see it where I live - and I absolutely love it!) so go easy on me if I am wrong, but isn't the next race at Argentina a new track for WTCC? Is that a good move?

And, what tracks were previously in WTCC that you'd like to see return? :)