1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Citroen and Sébastien Loeb Join WTCC In 2014

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bram, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

View the Post on the Blog
  2. I like this news, but I feel sorry for the other drivers.:)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. :thumbsup:
  4. He might be good enough to compete at the top but in a Citroen? I think they'll need a season or two to get up to speed.
  5. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Will he use tarmac or the gravel traps? :D
  6. Pete Bone

Pete Bone
    Premium Member

Am i the only one who doesnt think hes going to walk it? I dont doubt the guy has talent, but WTCC is a different world to Rally. We all saw how difficult it was for Kimi to switch although it has to be said his task was harder.

Nice to see another manufacturer in though, always good for the sport.
  7. Bram

Fellow countryman Yvan Muller is a multiple WTCC champion and ten time ice rally champion as well. He didnt have any problems :)

Besides Loeb has won races in the GT Series as well :)
  8. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

His performances in GT Series were really impressive. The Porsche Supercup was a bit more difficult for him, but if the car is good, I think he can make. In my WTCC has not such a strong driver line up except for 3 to 5 really strong drivers.
  9. Bram

WTCC hasnt got a good line up of factory backed cars either. Maybe Citroen entering will finally wake up BMW Motorsport again. Time to enter the MINI :)
  10. Super racer did it again!!! Bravo Seb, new world record at PP with a alien time of 8.13!!!