1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Circuit Park Zandvoort in Financial Problems

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Marco Bijl, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

View the Post on the Blog

2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

This is not good news at all, :(

3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

It's not as bad as it seems. Have an update already, so shall update the blog post as well later today.
    In short, 2010 and 2011 are paid, so thats no issue anymore. 2012 is still open for discussion, and being evaluated by a judge to see what has to be paid.

Officials have declared that Zandvoort is still profitable, so there is no need to worry there.
    The possible sale is indeed true. They are talking with some investors, to see what the future will bring.

All in all, there is no sign that the track will close, and all planned races are confirmed now by official Zandvoort Personel.

4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

When i was in Holland i use to go there maybe 3 or 4 times a year all we use to hear about was the locals were always complaining about the noise levels around the track, But half of them moved there knowing there was a race track,,,:speechless:

5. Brands Hatch famously has the same problem with idiot people who buy houses nearby. The local council bow to these complaints and so limit the use of the full GP circuit to only a few days per year. Unbelievable.

6. Randy Chamberlin

Randy Chamberlin
    Premium Member

Those folks need to sell me their house so I can hear the "noise" :)