Circuit Park Zandvoort in Financial Problems

Marco Bijl

Axe Travels
It’s publicly known that times are hard, especially with regards to the financial aspect. Unfortunately, the financial crisis has found another way into the motorsport as well. Circuit Park Zandvoort has had a seizure of their financial accounts.

According to Jurriaan van de Kamp, former sponsorship mediator, there are still some outstanding bills from the years 2010 and 2011, which still has not been paid. “I do this with pain in my heart, as I have great sympathy for the circuit, but they have to pay their bills from 2010 and 2011”.

The timing of the seizure is very unfortunate, as the circuit is about to be sold. This deal has become uncertain due to recent events and herewith the future of one of the few Dutch racing tracks has become uncertain.
View the Post on the Blog

It's not as bad as it seems. Have an update already, so shall update the blog post as well later today.
In short, 2010 and 2011 are paid, so thats no issue anymore. 2012 is still open for discussion, and being evaluated by a judge to see what has to be paid.

Officials have declared that Zandvoort is still profitable, so there is no need to worry there.
The possible sale is indeed true. They are talking with some investors, to see what the future will bring.

All in all, there is no sign that the track will close, and all planned races are confirmed now by official Zandvoort Personel.

When i was in Holland i use to go there maybe 3 or 4 times a year all we use to hear about was the locals were always complaining about the noise levels around the track, But half of them moved there knowing there was a race track,,,:speechless:

When i was in Holland i use to go there maybe 3 or 4 times a year all we use to hear about was the locals were always complaining about the noise levels around the track, But half of them moved there knowing there was a race track,,,:speechless:
Brands Hatch famously has the same problem with idiot people who buy houses nearby. The local council bow to these complaints and so limit the use of the full GP circuit to only a few days per year. Unbelievable.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back